unknown-help me with translation please

Thread: unknown-help me with translation please

Tags: None

wajd said:

Red face unknown-help me with translation please

I would be grateful if anyone can translate this for me, I am trying to learn Turkish but unfortunately I can't write the lyrics, so anyone can help me with lyrics and translation ?

link
    Last edited by wajd; 03-15-2009 at 10:06 PM.

Damla said:

This song talks about the shahadah(=testimony) of a young man (mujaheed) died when fighting with the zaleem*

ÖZGÜRLÜK TÜRKÜSÜ / The Freedom Song

Henüz on dokuzunda / Only just in his nineteens

Gencecik bir fidan / A young sapling

Filizlendi, filizlendi, filizdendi dağlarda / sprouted, sprouted on the mountain

Katıldı kervanına, dağlarla konuşanların / joined the caravan speaking with mountains

Ve okudu Özgürlük, Özgürlük türküleri / and read Freedom songs
    Silahları saz ettiler, kurşunları birer nota / They made the gun saz* and the bullet note

Kanları kalanlar için, türkü oldu dağlarda / Their blood became a folk song for the ones left

Güneşi doğdu bu sabah / The sun of the Testimony pilgrims rose this morning
    Şehadet yolcularının

Daha gür okundu bugün / Freedom songs were read more loudly today
    Özgürlük Türküleri

Parladı iman ateşi, söndü zalimin güneşi / The fire of emaan(=faith) shone, the sun of the zaleem* extinguished

Bir yiğit daha katıldı, / A brave man, too, participated in the Freedom choric
    Özgürlük korosuna

Silahları saz ettiler, kurşunları birer nota / They made the gun saz* and the bullet note

Kanları kalanlar için, türkü oldu dağlarda / Their blood became a folk song for the ones left

Dağlar, yürekler… / Mountains, hearts...

Ve dağlarda bir inançla sana söylenmiş türküler… / and the songs sung with faith on the mountain

Ey Özgürlük… / O Freedom...

En yüce sözle kutsandık ikimiz daha doğmadan.. / We, two were blessed with the most exalted word before coming to the earth

Ben vekili oldum yeryüzünün… / I represent the world

Sense ahdim candan… / and you are the promise of my presense

*saz is a stringed musical instrument.
    *zaleem: The one who makes tyranny

wajd said:

Thumbs up

beautiful nasheed, thank you damla, really appreciate your effort. I've a Q what do you mean by "the bullet note" ?

Berna said:

Quote Originally Posted by wajd View Post
    beautiful nasheed, thank you damla, really appreciate your effort. I've a Q what do you mean by "the bullet note" ?

In the war, the voices of bullets sound like (musical) note.

wajd said:

aha the picture clear now, teşekkürler Berna