Solved: Obscure '60's Song

Thread: Solved: Obscure '60's Song

Tags: None
  1. Hasto B. Atwist said:

Default Solved: Obscure '60's Song

In the mid-to-late sixties timeframe---I want to say 1965 to 68'ish---there were a number of similar-sounding Top40 style songs whose titles were girls' first names. Specifically I mean "Tracy" by The Cuff Links, "Valerie" by The Monkees, "Carrie Ann" by the Hollies, etc. There is one more I recall fondly, but it gets practically zero airplay on oldies stations these days, thus I have been going crazy trying to remember the true song title and band. I can only remember the girl's name who was the subject....it sounded like "Ariel" or "Arial." I suppose it could have been "Marielle," but I'm pretty sure there was no "M" sound. The band sounded similar in style to the Hollies and the tenor and flow of the song was very reminiscent of Carrie Ann and Valerie. Any connossieurs of the 60's know what I'm talking about?

---Thanks for any help.
    HBA

atmaestro said:

The following links provide a list of with a girl's name.

http://www.popculturemadness.com/Mus...mes-Songs.html

http://www.songfacts.com/category:songs_with_girls%5C'_names_in_the_title.p hp
    Last edited by atmaestro; 03-29-2009 at 12:57 PM.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. Sparkiwi said:

I remember a song from the 70s called Ariel- Dean Friedman

4. Hasto B. Atwist said:

Default Thanks!!

Thanks to both of you for such quick response. I scratched my head over that one for years....and thanks to the internet I get it answered in an hour! Yes it was the Dean Friedman song I was remembering. I had the entirely wrong decade! That explains why I could never find it in any lists. I'd no idea it was 1977.

Thanks again!
    HBA

atmaestro said:

Glad we could help!
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

6. Sparkiwi said:

Your welcome - I remember being fairly fond of that song as it was a cute and simple love story not loaded with the usual sickly stuff