Corazones - Daddy Yankee

Thread: Corazones - Daddy Yankee

Tags: None
  1. partsbabe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Pr Diablo925
    that chorus is seriuolsy messed up ( i dot kno all of it but who ever translated it just put it thru a tanslator)
    warlike(cant think of a better way 2 explain it) hearts
    traicioneros (no clue)
    I am apalled by lots of the translations on this site, anyone can use a damned online translator. What people really want is interpretation of the lyrics, as in... what does it really mean? Not what is the literal translation of the words.

anyway,
    Guerrero = Warrior or fighting
    Traicionero = Treacherous
    so it's fighting hearts, treacherous hearts

The song Corazones is really quite heavy. He talks about how people treat each other badly and how there is a need to bring up more leaders and less criminals. It talks alot about God and Jesus as well. Following is the best interpretation/translation I can come up with.
    Last edited by partsbabe; 03-09-2006 at 02:09 AM.

2. partsbabe said:

Corazones - Daddy Yankee

Daddy...
    Ecko...
    Diesel...
    Que corazón, ¿ah? = what heart, huh?
    ¿De que estas hecho tu? = what are you made of?
    You know...

Si las miradas mataran = If looks would kill
    To' el tiempo usara una gavana = I would always use a ???
    Una cura me acompañara = A cure would acompany me
    Siguiendome una caravana = Following me in a caravan
    Si fuera por mis enemigos = If it were up to my enemies
    a la mesa me trairían = to the table they would bring me
    Una víbora de carne y vinagre de bebida = a malicious, bitter person (??? a caloquialism I'm not familiar with)
    Me cruzificaran en un acto crudo y homicida = they will crucify me in an act of crude homicide
    Pero se equivocan, me levanta mi Dios con salud y vida = but they are mistaken, my God will reincarnate me with health and life
    Si por el gobierno fuera = If it was up to the government
    los raperos no existieran = the ??? would not exist
    Nos lanzan al calabozo y con la pena muerte nos dieran = we throw them in a cell and give them the death penalty
    Exista el que pisotea y el que ayuda al ser humano = There exists he who tramples and he who helps the human being
    Existe el buen amigo que es leál como un hermano = There exists a good friend as loyal as a brother
    La sangre pesa mas que el agua, pero midela bien = Blood is thicker than water, but measure it well
    Existe sangre sucia, fijate en Cain y Abel = There exists dirty blood, take heed of Cain & Abel

Porque hay... = Because there are
    Corazones con envia = Hearts with envy
    Corazones con ira = hearts with wrath
    Corazones con furia = hearts with fury
    Situaciones de millones de corazones = situations of millions of hearts
    Con miedo = with fear
    Corazones sinceros = sincere hearts
    Corazones guerreros = fighting (warrior) hearts
    Corazones traicioneros = treacherous hearts

Salte de la capital del crimen = I jumped from the capital of crime
    Y en el aire se percibe = And in the air I perceived
    Un espiritu de muerte que devora lo que vive = a sprit of death that devours that which is alive
    Si fuera por mi reuniría a todos los caseríos = If it was up to me, I would reunite all of the little towns (neighborhoods)
    Proponiendo una tregua en nombre de los que se han ido = Promoting a truce in the name of all those who have gone before us
    Sin miedo, yo les diría = Without fear, I would direct them
    "Mi gente, yo solamente aqui soy un valiente..." = My people, only here am I brave...
    "Que les pide que no derramen ya la sangre inocente..." = I ask you do not spill any more innocent blood
    "Arreglen como hombres, y no se fallen mutuamente..." = fix things like men, and do not kill each other
    Pero se que es un sueño perdido = but I know that it is a lost dream
    Como ver a los 3 partidos unidos = like seeing the three parties (political) united
    Luchando por el bien de Puerto Rico = fighting for the good of Puerto Rico
    No ven que es mediocre la educación en los residenciales = they don't see that education in the neighborhoods is not good enough
    Necesitan mas maestros, necesitan materiales = they need teachers, need materials
    Para crear mas líderes y menos criminales = to raise more leaders and less criminals
    Hay corazones allí con problemas personales = there are hearts there with personal problems
    Si por mi fuera le daría para atras al tiempo = if it were up to me, I'd send them back in time
    Sanaría las heridas del maestro en todo su cuerpo = I would heal all of the wounds of the teachers body
    Paraba las manos de aquel centurion con su lanza = I would stop the hands of that century with his lance (stop the attacker from stabbing him)
    Tambien en el acto me tendrian que dar matanza = And for this act, they would have to give me death
    Lo bajaría de la cruz estando moribundo = They would bring him down from the cross, a dying man
    Pero tuvo que morir para salvar al mundo = but he had to die, to save the world

Porque hay... = because there are
    Corazones con envia = hearts with envy
    Con miedo = with fear
    Corazones guerreros = fighting hearts

Es que en el mundo hay corazones... = In this world there are hearts...
    Que se creen sabios en su propia opinión... = That grow wise in their own opinion
    Pero cavan en su fin... = but they sink in the end
    Porque andan en camino de perdición.... = because they walk on the road to perdition
    Hay corazones que no perdonan a sus hermanos... = there are hearts that do not pardon their brothers
    Pero, tu sabes... = but you know
    Que asi mismo Dios no los perdonará por sus pecados... = that God will not pardon their sins (without repentance)
    Hay corazones que ayudan sin pedir nada a cambio... = There are hearts that help others without asking anything in exchange
    Y por su nobleza encuentran el progreso a diario... = And for their nobility they find daily progress
    Hay corazones traicioneros... = There are treacherous hearts
    Que le gusta engañar a los corazones sinceros... = Who like to cheat sincere hearts
    Pero mas vale segundo que el dinero del mundo entero... = but the latter is more valuable than all the money in the world
    Y existe aquel corazon maligno... = And there exists that evil heart
    Que nos atormenta con angeles caídos... = that torments us with fallen angels
    Pero hay un corazón mas poderoso que nos protege... = but there is one, more powerful heart, that protects us
    Que jamas y nunca será vencido... = that was never and never will be defeated
    Y el que lo busque y lo encuentre... = And he who looks and who finds Him
    Para siempre sera bendecido... = Will be forever blessed
    Refugiate en sabiduría... = take refuge in wisdom

Daddy!
    (Situaciones de millones de corazones!) = situations of millions of hearts

***After getting through the not so great interpretation of these lyrics, I realize that the word Corazon is Heart, but means Soul in this context*** Also, please realize that my Spanish is not the greatest, but I think this should be a more accurate translation for you.

3. linuxwins2004 said:

Los los raperos no existieran - this means That Rappers Would Not Exist and the way he uses Gavana it means Mirror

Chiquita Nikkita said:

I think in "Una víbora de carne y vinagre de bebida" he's trying to signify a poisenous meal of bread and wine (body and blood). Its just a guess, but it makes sense.

5. nani 4 lyfe said:

Angry yo u can say wat u wanna say!!!!!!!!!

yea they tight!!!!!! tight as u neva b. dnt b hating on someone u dnt kno...... jus cause you dnt lyke him dnt mean nobody else does....... keep ya comments 2 ya self..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 real

Nani 4 lyfe

6. nani 4 lyfe said:

u can say wat u wanna say!!!!!!!!!!!! jus dnt b hating

7. nani 4 lyfe said:

4 all the ppl that love the reggaetone ppl..................... keep it real..................

nani 4 lyfe

8. casiperuano said:

Default building on the translation a couple above

I'ma quote the person from above cuz this is pretty good...just gonna add a few changes

Si las miradas mataran = If looks could kill
    To' el tiempo usara una gavana = I would always use Gabbana (like Dolce and Gabbana)
    Una cura me acompañara = A priest would accompany me
    Siguiendome una caravana = Following me in a caravan
    Si fuera por mis enemigos = If it were up to my enemies
    a la mesa me trairían = to the table they would bring me
    Una víbora de carne y vinagre de bebida = The meat of a snake and a drink of vinager (both i think are references to the bible, this song is full of them)
    Me cruzificaran en un acto crudo y homicida = they will crucify me in an act of crude homicide
    Pero se equivocan, me levanta mi Dios con salud y vida = but they are mistaken, my God will reincarnate me with health and life
    Si por el gobierno fuera = If it was up to the government
    los raperos no existieran = the rappers would not exist
    Nos lanzan al calabozo y con la pena muerte nos dieran = they would throw us in a cell and give us the death penalty
    Exista el que pisotea y el que ayuda al ser humano = There exists he who tramples and he who helps the human being
    Existe el buen amigo que es leál como un hermano = There exists a good friend as loyal as a brother
    La sangre pesa mas que el agua, pero midela bien = Blood is thicker than water, but measure it well
    Existe sangre sucia, fijate en Cain y Abel = There exists dirty blood, take heed of Cain & Abel

Porque hay... = Because there are
    Corazones con envia = Hearts with envy
    Con miedo = with fear
    Corazones guerreros = fighting (warrior) hearts

Salte de la capital del crimen = Leave the crime capital
    Y en el aire se percibe = And in the air is perceived
    Un espiritu de muerte que devora lo que vive = a sprit of death that devours that which is alive
    Si fuera por mi reuniría a todos los caseríos = If it was up to me, I would reunite all of the little towns (neighborhoods)
    Proponiendo una tregua en nombre de los que se han ido = Proposing a truce in the name of all those who have gone before us
    Sin miedo, yo les diría = Without fear, I would tell them
    "Mi gente, yo solamente aqui soy un valiente..." = My people, only here am a brave person...
    "Que les pide que no derramen ya la sangre inocente..." = who asks you not to spill any more innocent blood
    "Arreglen como hombres, y no se fallen mutuamente..." = fix things like men, and do not kill each other
    Pero se que es un sueño perdido = but I know that it is a lost dream
    Como ver a los 3 partidos unidos = like seeing the three parties (political) united
    Luchando por el bien de Puerto Rico = fighting for the good of Puerto Rico
    No ven que es mediocre la educación en los residenciales = they don't see that education in the neighborhoods is not good enough
    Necesitan mas maestros, necesitan materiales = they need teachers, need materials
    Para crear mas líderes y menos criminales = to raise more leaders and less criminals
    Hay corazones allí con problemas personales = there are hearts there with personal problems
    Si por mi fuera le daría para atras al tiempo = if it were up to me, I'd send them back in time
    Sanaría las heridas del maestro en todo su cuerpo = I would heal all of the wounds of the teachers body
    Paraba las manos de aquel centurion con su lanza = I would stop the hands of that centurion (an old roman soldier) with his lance
    Tambien en el acto me tendrian que dar matanza = And for this act, they would have to give me death
    Lo bajaría de la cruz estando moribundo = I would have come down from the cross, a dying man
    Pero tuvo que morir para salvar al mundo = but he had to die, to save the world

Porque hay... = because there are
    Corazones con envia = hearts with envy
    Con miedo = with fear
    Corazones guerreros = fighting hearts

Es que en el mundo hay corazones... = In this world there are hearts...
    Que se creen sabios en su propia opinión... = That believe them self wise in their own opinion
    Pero cavan en su fin... = but they fail in the end
    Porque andan en camino de perdición.... = because they walk on the road to perdition
    Hay corazones que no perdonan a sus hermanos... = there are hearts that do not forgive their brothers
    Pero, tu sabes... = but you know
    Que asi mismo Dios no los perdonará por sus pecados... = that God will not pardon their sins (without repentance)
    Hay corazones que ayudan sin pedir nada a cambio... = There are hearts that help others without asking anything in exchange
    Y por su nobleza encuentran el progreso a diario... = And for their nobility they find daily progress
    Hay corazones traicioneros... = There are treacherous hearts
    Que le gusta engañar a los corazones sinceros... = Who like to cheat sincere hearts
    Pero mas vale segundo que el dinero del mundo entero... = but the latter is more valuable than all the money in the world
    Y existe aquel corazon maligno... = And there exists that evil heart
    Que nos atormenta con angeles caídos... = that torments us with fallen angels
    Pero hay un corazón mas poderoso que nos protege... = but there is one, more powerful heart, that protects us
    Que jamas y nunca será vencido... = that was never and never will be defeated
    Y el que lo busque y lo encuentre... = And he who looks and who finds Him
    Para siempre sera bendecido... = Will be forever blessed
    Refugiate en sabiduría... = take refuge in wisdom

Daddy!
    (Situaciones de millones de corazones!) = situations of millions of hearts