"Lyrics of My Heart"

Thread: "Lyrics of My Heart"

Tags: None
  1. P.Davey said:

Post "Lyrics of My Heart"

A work in progress....totally new to this. Probably reads more like a poem and a little lengthy. Didn't give much focus to beats or rhythm....kept it simple and used the words that first came to mind. About true love being harnessed; greater than mere distance keeping the two apart....not knowing when you'll be together again but knowing it's the only thing you want.

"Lyrics of My Heart" - P. Davey

Playin' games on stairs and goin' on drives to nowhere fast
    Watchin' movies, trampoline jumping, we were simply havin' a blast
    Did we take those times for granted? Cuz now they're in the past
    With our next chance together, I know we'll make it all last.

[Chorus]
    And the days, they keep on passin' like the thoughts runnin' through my head
    Wishing and hoping, aching and waiting, wonderin' if I'd be better off dead
    I miss you, my life is empty, missin' all the little things we once shared
    You fill me up, make me whole and complete me. Hope you know how much I care.
    Tryin' to find the words I'm not allowed to tell you....the lyrics of my heart.

Can't believe this is now my life, the epitome of miserable if you couldn't tell
    Pangs of agony keep gnawing, when will they stop? If this were worse it'd be called hell.
    What I wouldn't do to see your smile, hear your voice, give you a hug, What I wouldn't give or sell
    Strugglin' to keep it all together on the outside while all my insides just want to yell.

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
    You are my strength, I know you're worth it, I love you and have absolutely no regrets.
    I can't wait to see you again and until then I'm holding you forever and always in my heart.
    I cherish our memories, trust the words shared between us, and know the future can't keep us apart.

[Chorus]
    Last edited by P.Davey; 04-06-2009 at 11:51 PM.
  2. .showmethelove said:

beautiful.
  3. P.Davey said:

Thank you.......any words of criticism or suggestions for change?