ne si go prodavaj koljo ciflikot

Thread: ne si go prodavaj koljo ciflikot

Tags: None
  1. odulaine said:

Default ne si go prodavaj koljo ciflikot

Greetings all!!
    Here in the hope someone out there could possibly translate the lyrics of this great Macedonian song into english.Thanks for your time.

i'm little one said:

Hello,but where is the lyrics???
    Tose sang that song so great,so i put this translation also in the thread about him
    so here u go

Ne si go prodavaj Koljo ciflikot,
    dont sell ur grange(manor) Koljo*
    Mama ne me dava Koljo za tebe.
    Mother doesnt give me to u,Koljo

Po meani odis Koljo,
    u go in the inns,Koljo
    Rujno vino pies,
    u drink fine wine
    Doma rano ne si odis da spies.
    u dont go to sleep at home earlier

Kolku ti cini Koljo ciflikot,
    As much as your grange (manor) costs Koljo
    Tolku mi cini Koljo merakot.
    that much costs my affection, Koljo
    as much as cost ur grange(manor)
    Tolku mi cini Koljo grloto.
    that much cost my neck(throat)

*Koljo is name of guy

Anyway song is so great

yeah and i found some words which must be in that song,but in version i translated it wasnt,so here u go

Kolku ti cinat koljo megite
    as much as your abutments cost Koljo
    Tolku mi cinat koljo vegite.
    that much cost my eyebrows

Po meani odis koljo rujno vino pies

Kolku ti cinat koljo ovcite
    as much as your sheep cost
    Tolku mi cinat koljo ocite.
    that much cost my eyes, Koljo
    Po meani odis koljo rujno vino pies

Kolku ti cini koljo trloto
    as much as your cote costs Koljo
    Tolku mi cini koljo grloto
    that much costs my neck, Koljo
    Last edited by i'm little one; 06-19-2009 at 09:36 AM.

i'm little one said:

And seems here is original lyrics

Не си го продавај Кољо чифликот
    Мама не ме дава Кољо за тебе

По меани одиш Кољо
    Рујно вино пиеш
    Дома рано не си одиш да спиеш
    (2x)

Колку ти чини Кољо чифликот
    Толку ми чини Кољо меракот
    Колку ти чини Кољо чифликот
    Толку ми чини Кољо грлото

По меани одиш Кољо
    Рујно вино пиеш
    Дома рано не си одиш да спиеш

Колку ти чинат Кольо мегите
    Толку ми чинат Кольо вегите

Колку ти чинат Кольо овчите
    Толку ми чинат Кольо очите

Колку ти чинат Кольо трлото
    Толку ми чинат Кольо грлото

4. odulaine said:

Thanks so much for your time and effort....from an Irisn musician having a not so secret love affair with Balkan music.Just have to drill that unfamiliar 9/8 rhythym into my fingers(by the way 9/8 is common in Irish music too but generally breaks down as 3+3+3...) .Love the lyrics by the way.Familiar territory.Thanks again my friend

i'm little one said:

Quote Originally Posted by odulaine View Post
    Thanks so much for your time and effort....from an Irisn musician having a not so secret love affair with Balkan music.Just have to drill that unfamiliar 9/8 rhythym into my fingers(by the way 9/8 is common in Irish music too but generally breaks down as 3+3+3...) .Love the lyrics by the way.Familiar territory.Thanks again my friend
    Ohh ur welcomeyeah song is really great
    so if u play i can sing that song and we can be like a duethahah and go to Eurovision
    and if u need any help im here

Lydia_the angel said:

OK, Maria, as I promised, I checked it and thought it is nice to post any corrections if needed here instead in Tose's thread so that you can edit right away Great job for one again, specially considering the thing that folk songs are difficult for translating, because their beauty vanishes with translations, they mainly say much with the music and lyrics in original, but translations are good so that the meaning can be grasped by the non-native Macedonians
    I see you've done all of it great and you understood it very well, just here I thought it might sound little bit better if the words are in this order

Rujno vino pies,
    u drink fine wine

As much as your grange (manor) costs Koljo
    Tolku mi cini Koljo merakot.
    that much costs my affection, Koljo

Kolku ti cinat koljo megite
    as much as your abutments cost Koljo
    Tolku mi cinat koljo vegite.
    that much cost my eyebrows

Kolku ti cinat koljo ovcite
    as much as your sheep cost
    Tolku mi cinat koljo ocite.
    that much cost my eyes, Koljo

Kolku ti cini koljo trloto
    as much as your cote costs Koljo
    Tolku mi cini Koljo grloto
    that much costs my neck, Koljo
    The icon lamp has brighten the sky
    white aureole are knitting the angels for you
    your star extinguished, as soon as I found you, you left
    ***TOŠE FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS***

i'm little one said:

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia_the angel View Post
    OK, Maria, as I promised, I checked it and thought it is nice to post any corrections if needed here instead in Tose's thread so that you can edit right away Great job for one again, specially considering the thing that folk songs are difficult for translating, because their beauty vanishes with translations, they mainly say much with the music and lyrics in original, but translations are good so that the meaning can be grasped by the non-native Macedonians
    I see you've done all of it great and you understood it very well, just here I thought it might sound little bit better if the words are in this order
    Thanks so much Lydia
    yeah i know what r u talkin about and sometimes its hard for me to translatin folk songs cause i know how to say that in Russian that to keep that beauty,English cant express many feelings so great
    russian translations is bad seems i must put it in our thread of course if u wish
    yeah and song is really great but my favorite is "Zajdi,zajdi jasno sonce..."i start to imagine all views of Macedonia

Lydia_the angel said:

Quote Originally Posted by i'm little one View Post
    Thanks so much Lydia
    yeah i know what r u talkin about and sometimes its hard for me to translatin folk songs cause i know how to say that in Russian that to keep that beauty,English cant express many feelings so great: )
    russian translations is bad seems i must put it in our thread of course if u wish: )
    yeah and song is really great but my favorite is "Zajdi,zajdi jasno sonce..."i start to imagine all views of Macedonia: )
    No problem dear, you've done it great even without me Well trust me even Tose's songs lose from the beauty while being translated, I've noticed it while translating his songs, so this goes for every song, no matter if Macedonian, Russian, or of any other origin It is the best in its original form, because many times songs also has lyrics with rhyme and if translated someone will say it sounds strange Anyway we are trying to help to the others, so we do our best
    "Zajdi, zajdi jasno sonce" is absolutely an evergreen, no wondering why you like it, it is just unique song, with music and lyrics as well Great choice

Greetings, xxx
    The icon lamp has brighten the sky
    white aureole are knitting the angels for you
    your star extinguished, as soon as I found you, you left
    ***TOŠE FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS***

i'm little one said:

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia_the angel View Post
    No problem dear, you've done it great even without me Well trust me even Tose's songs lose from the beauty while being translated, I've noticed it while translating his songs, so this goes for every song, no matter if Macedonian, Russian, or of any other origin It is the best in its original form, because many times songs also has lyrics with rhyme and if translated someone will say it sounds strange Anyway we are trying to help to the others, so we do our best
    "Zajdi, zajdi jasno sonce" is absolutely an evergreen, no wondering why you like it, it is just unique song, with music and lyrics as well Great choice

Greetings, xxx
    u know when im hearin that song(Zajdi,zajdi) i all the time get the feelin,i dont need translations,i feel myself like native macedonian