getting engaged and want to propose with a portuguese love song! Please help :-)

Thread: getting engaged and want to propose with a portuguese love song! Please help :-)

Tags: None
  1. moorish84 said:

Default getting engaged and want to propose with a portuguese love song! Please help :-)

Hi everyone, so i looked through this site, was completely amazed at how awesome it is and thought that this is most likely the best place to find my answer!

I play the guitar and will soon be proposing to my wonderful girlfriend (mid june 09) who just so happens to be portuguese :-) I would like to do something really special and learn the lyrics to a portuguese love song but i'm unsure as to where i should even begin!!

I'm looking for something that is a fado type genre but something that is just completely romantic and in no uncertain terms spells out: "I love you!"

Please help :-)

It will be an acoustic guitar, (not portuguese) that i will be using.

Thank you
    John
  2. Xivor said:

I don't know anything about portuguese songs or artists, just to be clear.

What is more relevant, I did find nice arabic lyrics by searching on the artists. I saw a song I liked (it had two artists, and it was like a love song) and I searched both artists (btw including english subtitles).
    But then again you should know any 'romantic' portuguese artists first, and then search on youtube Worked for me Good luck man, your idea is awesome!!
  3. Y60R said:

Talking romantic portuguese song

hello moorish,

my name is ygor and I'm brazilian. We speak (brazilian) portuguese, you know.

I read your question about a romantic portuguese song. Ok, I know I am way too late but if you are ever interested, let me know.

Rgds,

Y60R