need help with 2 songs, plz.

Thread: need help with 2 songs, plz.

Tags: None
  1. nitroburner1000 said:

Default need help with 2 songs, plz.

This song is an instrumental and i think is called El Celencia, but am not quite sure of the spelling. Its a song with just trumpets, and i thought it was by Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, but tried searching for both with no luck. i remember listening to it about 10 yrs ago, and i think it was on an album called "Golden Trumpets".

The other song was a top 40 song, male singer , from a group i think, from about 8-10 yrs ago. Can only remember one line from the song, the chorus......"By the light, by the light, of the silvery moon....Im gonna............By the light of the moon,......
    And no, its not the very old song from the 40's, 50's called Honeymoon.
    Thanks in advance...

Juliëtte said:

Found this:
    scroll down and look at the back of the cd

There's a song on there called "Il Silenzio" by Toni Maier. Couldn't find a sample though...

3. nitroburner1000 said:

Default thanx

thanks Juliette, i think that is the one...trying to get it, so many thanks again.....

4. tokinreefer said:

Default Il Silenzio

Hiya, you can also find it on an album called 'Love songs of Italy' by Canti Alpini. Nice tune!, hope this helps you.
    Also Andre Rieu does a similar version but with a line of Italian spoken in the middle.

5. nitroburner1000 said:

Default many thankx

Thank you both fro your help, have got the song il Silenzio, by eddie calvert, and that version is great. Now about my other request.......
    Ive found the song lyrics and earlier artists, but the singer/band im looking for did a remake in the eighties i think.
    i still remember the video clip, some italian guy singing, in his mid to early 30's.
    here are the words, although this singer may have changed them slightly

DANCE WITH A DOLLY (WITH A HOLE IN HER STOCKING)
    (Terry Shand / Jimmy Eaton / Mickey Leader)

Russ Morgan & His Orch. (vocal: Al Jennings) - 1944
    Evelyn Knight (with Camarata's Orch.) - 1944
    Tony Pastor & His Orch. (vocal: Tony Pastor) - 1944
    The Olympics (Titled "Dance By The Light Of The Moon") - 1961

As I was walkin' down the street
    Down the street, down the street
    I met somebody who was mighty sweet
    Mighty fair to see

I asked her would she like to have a talk
    Have a talk, make some talk
    All the fellows standin' on the walk
    Wishin' they were me

Mama, Mama, let me dress up tonight
    Dress up tonight, dress up tonight
    I've got a secret, gonna 'fess up tonight
    Gonna dance by the light of the moon

Gonna dance with a dolly with a hole in her stockin'
    While our knees keep a-knockin' and our toes keep a-rockin'
    Dance with a dolly with a hole in her stockin'
    Dance by the light of the moon

Mama, Mama, put the cat out tonight
    Cat out tonight, cat out tonight
    Worked all day, I'm gonna scat out tonight
    And I won't be home until dawn

Gonna dance with a dolly with a hole in her stockin'
    While our knees keep a-knockin' and our toes keep a-rockin'
    Dance with a dolly with a hole in her stockin'

Gonna dance by the light of the moon
    By the light of the moon

TRIVIA:
    This song was adapted from the song "Buffalo Gals", which itself was adapted from an 1844 minstrel song called "Lubly Fan".

looking also for a modern version of Aloha Hai, done in 2000 sometime , its been techno'd up a bit. The group was polynesian, or islander. thanks in advance......

6. nitroburner1000 said:

Default Update

Well after a heap of searching i finally got one of the songs from a friend, the one entitled Dance with a dolly with a hole in her stockings....So for those of you who might be interested ill copy n paste some trivia and leave a link to the site.....
    Still searchin for the aloha song though......

The Silver Studs started as a three-piece band in Brisbane in 1975.The original line up featuring Lance Reynolds, Gino Latorre and Keith Reed. There were many line-up changes with Lance and Gino being the one constant. With the success of the film American Graffiti’ the world rediscovered the 50s.

In the 70s the American sitcom Happy Days, set in Milwaukee in the 50s and starring Ron Howard and Henry Winkler was popular and the theme music titled “Happy Days” was a huge hit in the U.S by Pratt and McLean. The Silver Studs, complete with leather and denim, recorded their own version, which went to number four in 1976 and for a time competed with the American original.

The Studs became Countdown regulars and had a further hit with “Dance with your dolly”. By 1977 disco had well and truly taken the world by storm and the Silver Studs now known as simply the Studs, released a disco song called “Funky feet”. This was to be their last major chart entry.

for more info an pics go to http://www.countdown.com.au/the_music.asp?ArtistID=38