LILT: Rammstein translations re-lyricised

Thread: LILT: Rammstein translations re-lyricised

Tags: None

chiQ said:

Smile LILT: Rammstein translations re-lyricised

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this thread or not. If not can a moderator move the thread for me please?

I've started a project that I've named LILT. I'm taking English translations of Rammstein lyrics and re-writing them as verse, so they can be sung in place of the original German lyrics.

The project site is at http://lilt.rammstein.me/ and I welcome all constructive feedback or advice.

2. Liv said:

I like Rammstein and I love your idea of singing them in New Zealand see my suggestions concerning "Du hast" on your blog

chiQ said:

Hi Liv

Thanks for that. They're both really good, and I appreciate you taking the time.

4. Liv said:

You're welcome
    If you do a recording it would be great to hear it

chiQ said:

For sure. A singer from Herzeleid.com's community is planning to record some of these songs for me, so if he's happy for me to post them publicly I'll do that

(I'm a seriously bad singer)

Angelwingz3000 said:

Dude that's awesome, i would love to hear them, Great idea kuz u'r Kool Takoz!!!

chiQ said:

There are two now.

One of them has started recording and is putting her recording with her own instrumental adaption of Klavier. She's also changed my lyrics a fair bit to fit that.

The other is starting recording in the next few weeks.

I'm really looking forward to hearing both.