Solved: I know a Dave Clarke version, but am looking for the original one he used

Thread: Solved: I know a Dave Clarke version, but am looking for the original one he used

Tags: None
  1. marija___ said:

Default Solved: I know a Dave Clarke version, but am looking for the original one he used

the Dave Clarke song is called What was her name? and the lyrics are something like ''...She's at parties, what was her name?...''; what I'm looking for is the original song from the 80's [I think] I heard once in a club, think the lyrics are slightly changed, and I don't know the bands name. So if anybody knows what I'm talking about, plz help

atmaestro said:

Dave Clarke is listed as one of the "original" writers of the song, "What Was Her Name?".
    (Daniel Ash/Dave Clarke/Kevin Haskins/David J/Melissa Logan/Kiki Moorse/Peter Murphy/Alex Murray-Leslie)

Are you looking for a similar song or do you believe the Dave Clarke song "sampled" an earlier song?
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. marija___ said:

I'm pretty sure he ''sampled'' an earlier one, changing some of the lyrics just a bit, like toying with them... The band sounds similar to the Cure [but it's definitely not them]... / love the Giger avatar , thanx for trying to help

4. Glazenwood said:

your surely not talking about shes in parties by bauhaus???

5. marija___ said:

no, definitely not

6. pavonis said:

Well, Dave Clarke himself says it was indeed the Bauhaus song that he sampled. see:

http://www.daveclarke.com/index.cfm/goress/do:1

Also, the writer credits listed above actually include the four members of Bauhaus (Ash, Murphy, Haskins, J)

7. Glazenwood said:

Ikon covered it on the album The pasion of covers a tribute to bauhaus

8. Glazenwood said:

or try Satori: A Tribute to Bauhaus look up amazon for samples of both these

9. marija___ said:

IT IS BAUHAUS /very, very embarassed smiley/. It kept showing up when I tried to find the song through lyrics text search, but the rest of the lyrics didn't seem right (with the way it was in my memory), so I never downloaded the song, now I did and THAT'S IT , so THANK YOU, THANK YOU , THANK YOU all (especially
    Glazenwood), thankful and ashamed