I'm looking for the artist/band and the title of a song that I found on an older mixtape of mine (recorded sometime before 2002). Basically it's a rock song with remarkable guitars and a male voice (English without any obvious slang). To me it sounds like a typical piece of Nineties indie rock.
There are two songs by Germany based bands on that tape (and many more from UK bands), so possibly it's a song by a German band, but I really don't know.

The following is the full text of the song as far as I understood the lyrics. "[?]" marks words/parts I'm not really sure about.

--------
We can see the wave / we can see that it's coming / no need to escape / 'cause we [?] to stay [?]

I watch your face / as the moment is coming / there's no turning back / 'cause we're into deep

chorus (1 x):
Dive into the sea / into the sea / of the [?]

We can feel the heat / we can feel that it's coming / there's nothing to fear / we just want to get closer

The way we move / the [?] that we're [?] / no need to explain / 'cause we feel the same

chorus (4 x):

I wish this life will last forever / and we could loose the [?] time / as if this love will cast the shadow / and we could lose ourselves in time

chorus (4 x):
--------

I really hope someone else knows this song. You'll make me very happy if you help me out with this.