how to say in frech .. ? important for me

Thread: how to say in frech .. ? important for me

Tags: None

massimo said:

Wink how to say in frech .. ? important for me

How to say/write in French

" from where is your mom exactly ? is it means that you are half french half arab ? "

2. Egenglert said:

Informal: De quel pays est ta mère? Est-ce que tu es une moitié français(e) et une moitié arabe?

Formal: De quel pays est votre mère? Est-ce que vous êtes une moitié français(e) et une moitié arabe?

Translation: What country is your mother from? Are you half French and half Arab?

Note: I am just barely proficient in French, so there might be a few errors, but I am pretty sure this is right.

Explanation: "Être de" means "To be from"
    Last edited by Egenglert; 05-24-2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Accuracy and Explanation Added

3. saraham said:

D'où est ta (or votre) mère exactement? Cela veut dire que tu es (or "vous êtes" according to the person you are talking to) moitié Française et moitié Arabe?

Egenglert translation was great i just added some words.

4. Egenglert said:

Saraham, thanks, I have been taking French at my high school for four years, in fact I completed the final exam for French IV yesterday (I'm graduating on Friday). I was born and am currently living in Texas, so our teacher isn't a native speaker, but I've been told I speak French very well (except by the College Board Advanced Placement Exam, according to that I have a very basic understanding), but you telling me the translation was great gave my confidence a huge boost.

To anybody reading this, I highly recommend speaking French for many reasons, but the funniest is that when I was on vacation, I went to Saint-Martin, and before that Paris, and even before that, Québec (they were all separate vacations over the course of a year) I got tons of free and discounted stuff, like 25 percent off an Inuit sculpture I was buying in Québec, or the free print I got in Paris, or the discounted paintings from Saint-Martin.

5. saraham said:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Egenglert View Post
    Saraham, thanks, I have been taking French at my high school for four years, in fact I completed the final exam for French IV yesterday (I'm graduating on Friday). I was born and am currently living in Texas, so our teacher isn't a native speaker, but I've been told I speak French very well (except by the College Board Advanced Placement Exam, according to that I have a very basic understanding), but you telling me the translation was great gave my confidence a huge boost.

To anybody reading this, I highly recommend speaking French for many reasons, but the funniest is that when I was on vacation, I went to Saint-Martin, and before that Paris, and even before that, Québec (they were all separate vacations over the course of a year) I got tons of free and discounted stuff, like 25 percent off an Inuit sculpture I was buying in Québec, or the free print I got in Paris, or the discounted paintings from Saint-Martin.

Haha yeah it's always great to hear an English-speaker speaking French (french-speakers are very proud of the "francophonie" you know..) So keep it up for more free stuff! :-P

I hope you succeded at your exam (i'm sure you did) , the most important is to enjoy what you learn and the rest will flow. Don't hesitate to ask for translations... Merde pour la suite! (Merde= Sh*t/Crap = also slang for "good luck" hehe)