need Lebanese/Palestinian arabic translation

Thread: need Lebanese/Palestinian arabic translation

Tags: None
  1. Rhonda9080 said:

Default need Lebanese/Palestinian arabic translation

I am a writer working on a book and I need a translation of this line of dialogue from English to Lebanese - Palestinian dialect of Arabic.
    This is a Lebanese character talking to Palestinians.
    He needs to say, "She is Al Azhar's woman."
    This would have to be in English script rather than Arabic.
    This would connotate a love or sexual relationship.
    Thanks for any help!

majdn said:

Can you write the full sentence, it would be much better because there's lots of ways you could write it.

and is Al Azhar a place, community, family that could make a difference as well
    Ya reit albi yekoon 2assi 3shan ye2dar yefoot 7obak, o a3eesh zayak sa3eed nassi o la es2alshi 3ala albak.

3. Rhonda9080 said:

Default Shukran--Thank you for answering my post :)

Hi--thank you so much for answering my post.
    Al Azhar is supposed to be a main male character in the book.
    The story takes place in Beirut during the Lebanese civil war.
    A young Palestinian doctor is trying to protect an American woman, and tells a group of men that mean her harm that the woman belongs to the Lebanese hero, who is high ranking and powerful.
    The complete sentence he says is "She is Al Azhar's woman."
    He is trying to imply a sexual relationship so they will leave her alone. The doctor saying this line is very well mannered and would not say this in a crude way.
    The other word I need, once again in Lebanese dialect, would be "crazy" as in mentally unbalanced.
    I have been concerned about the name of the main character. I named him for a Lebanese friend of mine, but most other Arabic-speaking people I've encountered have not heard this name before. He would be from a village in South Lebanon, near the Israeli border.
    Any help is so very appreciated!
    Thank you so much again!

4. Rhonda9080 said:

Hello, are you there? My email went down. So sorry! But I am really thrilled with any help you can provide. I also need a Lebanese translation for "beautiful Girl" or Beautiful Baby, I know Habibi. Thank you!

LOUIE said:

"She is Al Azhar's woman." = hay marto lalazhar
    crazy = akhwat
    about the name "Alazhar" its a place not a male's name. its like the vatican of Islam.
    ?? ???? ?? ????? ????? ?????? ? ??? ??????? ???? ?????

6. Rhonda9080 said:

Hi Louie--thanks so much for your answer! I really appreciate it! do you know if any part of this in capitalized in English? A friend of mine who is Morrocan suggested "Lal' Azhar', but she steers me wrong a lot because the Lebanese dialect is so different.
    Also--on the name... I am concerned that I may have chosen the wrong name.
    The character's name in the book I'm working on is Karim El Azhar, or Al Azhar---as my Morrocan friend suggested.
    This is the name of an Egyptian man I interviewed and I very much liked the sound of it back then. There is also a university in Egypt by the name El Azhar. My english proof readers and editors seem to really like the name, but I am concerned it may not be in common enough use with Palestinians and Lebanese because I have tried it out on other Arabic friends and they seem confused. The character in the book would have been born in southern Lebanon.
    Any suggests? I do expect an Arabic as well as English readership, so I want to be correct. The hero of the story is this Arab man (how often do we get that?) , so I want to make sure he's done right.
    Thanks for any help! I keep running across these little things and my Arabic (spoken only) is very weak even though I spent some time over there as a journalist.
    Salaam!