Um Kulthum - Lisa faker

Thread: Um Kulthum - Lisa faker

Tags: None
  1. Yaniv said:

Default Um Kulthum - Lisa faker

hello, i'm having problems understanding the line
    النغم رجعت حلاوته لقلبى وفضلك قساوته
    والهوا اللى بان عليا ابتديت تعرف غلاوته
    i think it means "the tune brought back happiness to my heart (but) you prefered it's suffering, and the love that left me started (...)"
    I dont understand the last word, but is the rest correct?

Tahira said:

I found it here: http://www.shira.net/music/lyrics/lisah-faker.htm

Lisah Faker albi yeddillak aman. Wallah faker Kilmah hateid elli can. Do you think that my heart will still give you trust? Or one word will bring back what used to be?
    Lisah Faker albi yeddillak aman. Wallah faker Kilmah hateid elli can Do you think that my heart will still give you trust? Or one word will bring back what used to be?
    Lisah Faker albi yeddillak aman. Wallah faker Kilmah hateid elli can Do you think that my heart will still give you trust? Or one word will bring back what used to be?
    Wallah nazrah touseli al shouq waal hanan? Or do you think that one look will re-connect the longing/yearning with the affection?

Lisah faker Do you still remember
    Can zaman That was in the past

Lisah Faker albi yeddillak aman? Do you think that my heart will still give you trust
    Wallah Faker Kilmah hateid eli can? Or one word will bring back what used to be?
    Lisah Faker albi yeddillak aman? Do you think that my heart will still give you trust?
    Ah! Wallah faker Kilmah hateid eli can? Ah! Or do you think that one word will bring back what used to be?
    Wallah Nazrah tousell al shouq wal al hanan? Or do you think that one look will re-create the tenderness and passion?

Canat al ayam fi albi domai bi tigri wa inta tihlalak domoai wa-hiah omri. In my heart, all my days were spent in tears... that was my life
    Canat al ayam fi albi domai bi tigri wa inta tihlalak domoai wa-hiah omri. In my heart, all my days were spent in tears... that was my life

Ya ma hanat-lak wa canat kuli-marah temhi Kilmah min amali fiele wa sabri How often you took my love for granted! So each time my tears ran they wiped off my hope in you and my patience.

Ya ma hanat-lak wa canat kuli-marah temhi Kilmah min amali fiele wa sabri How often you took my love for granted! So each time my tears ran they wiped off my hope in you and my patience.

Kilmah Kilmah lama rah el hawa wa ya el gerah Words! words! are all that are left now. My love has vanished with my wounds.
    Kilmah Kilmah lama rah el hawa wa ya el gerah Words! words! are all that are left now. My love has vanished with my wounds.

Will-li akhertoh fi Layali What I suffered in the dark nights
    Et nasah et nasah. Wa ya al Sabaha. Wa ya al sabah Has been forgotten in the light of morning.

El nahardah el hob wal shouq we el hanan Today the love, the tenderness and the passion
    El nahardah el hob wal shouq we el hanan Today the love, the tenderness and the passion

Lama tisalm a-ollak, can zaman, can zaman When you ask about them I will say they were in the past
    Lama tisalm a-ollak, can zaman, can zaman When you ask about them I will say they were in the past

Lisa faker Do you still remember
    Can zaman They were in the past
    Lisa faker Do you still remember
    Can zaman They were in the past

Ya ma helyat lak Ahat albi wa-hia min asowtak inta wal ayam alaya You enjoyed seeing my heart suffering. Suffering caused by your cruelty and empty days
    Conti Tismaha nagham. Wa asmaa' sadaha nar You were listening to my "ah's" as if they were music. While I was burning the fire of their echo.

Nar, nar tidaweb hobi shewayah shewayah Fire, fire which slowly, slowly melted our love.
    Al nagham regaet halwfeh wal albi ifdalak asawtoh wal hawa elli can allaya taerif (missing end part) You enjoyed my suffering and preferred cruelty and did not appreciate my love

Ah.... ah... ah... Ah.... ah... ah...
    Wa-allayali conti bitsami el layali You referred to my dark sorrowing nights thinking of you, as a game but for me that was part of my precious life.

Lo'abet el khali wa hiah omri ghali ah. I have decided to enquire about the meaning of all my doubts and tears.

Conti baa'ah asal alik zamni uba domoai While you were enjoying yourself
    Wa inta mit-harn Seeing me worried and confused

Bi hirti wa inshighali wa-all ayalli conti bitsami el-layali. Wa allay alli conti bitsami ibabil el khali wa hiah omri ghali You referred to my dark sorrowing nights thinking of you, as a game
    Olli aih asdak maaya biad ma arifna elnih-aya. Inta geet mushtaq li habi willa li-domoai wa asaya Tell me. Now you know the end, what do you want from me? Have you come longing for my love or my tears and suffering?

El nahadah el hobisirah "can wa can" Today love is a story "once upon a time"
    Lama tisalni aoll-lak When you ask me I will tell you
    Can zaman It was in the past
    Lisah fakir Do you still remember
    Can zaman It was in the past

3. Yaniv said:

thank you, i know that translation, but if you look at the line i asked about you will see it's missing in this translation, so please someone who speaks arabic just translate this one line for me thank you.

El raisa said:

The tune got its beauty back & your toughness remained
    And the love that was appeared on me ..Now you know its value
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    — Albert Einstein

5. Yaniv said:

thanks alot.

El raisa said:

u r welcome
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    — Albert Einstein