(*) A Letter...

Thread: (*) A Letter...

Tags: None

.:BiLLiE:. said:

Question (*) A Letter...

Would someone be willing to translate a letter i'm writing into spanish? I know that sometimes the translations can't be literally word for word, so please feel free to help me express this in the best possible way.
    I'll go ahead and post it if you have time... Thanks so much.

"My love,
    Sometimes I wonder if you understand how much you mean to me and how much I love you. I know there have been misunderstandings between us, but I want us to always trust each other enough to work things out. The only thing I ask is that you please don't take me for granted. When I love, I love deeply. When I'm committed to someone, that commitment is unbreakable. The only thing that I cannot put up with is unfaithfulness. I will always be by your side through thick and thin. When you need me, I'll always be here, but please know that I'm a passionate person and I'm sensitive. Sometimes I might need a little patience on your part but it will always be worth your while. I don't want to be your boss, I don't want to tell you what to do. I want for us to make decisions together and be equal. You are my man and I am your lady. Show me that you love me, show me that I'm worth it to you. There will never be anyone else that will love you as profoundly as I do. Just please let me know that I mean enough to you to go that extra mile sometimes. You won't be sorry.
    With all my love..."

Again thanks to all you translators here that take time to help!

2. MaresLejanos said:

Quote Originally Posted by .:BiLLiE:. View Post

"My love,
    Sometimes I wonder if you understand how much you mean to me and how much I love you. I know there have been misunderstandings between us, but I want us to always trust each other enough to work things out. The only thing I ask is that you please don't take me for granted. When I love, I love deeply. When I'm committed to someone, that commitment is unbreakable. The only thing that I cannot put up with is unfaithfulness. I will always be by your side through thick and thin. When you need me, I'll always be here, but please know that I'm a passionate person and I'm sensitive. Sometimes I might need a little patience on your part but it will always be worth your while. I don't want to be your boss, I don't want to tell you what to do. I want for us to make decisions together and be equal. You are my man and I am your lady. Show me that you love me, show me that I'm worth it to you. There will never be anyone else that will love you as profoundly as I do. Just please let me know that I mean enough to you to go that extra mile sometimes. You won't be sorry.
    With all my love..."
    "Mi amor,
    A veces me pregunto si entiendes cuánto significas para mí y cuánto te amo. Yo sé que han habidos malos entendidos entre nosotros, pero yo quiero que nosotros confiemos siempre en el otro, lo suficiente para "hacer las cosas funcionar bien"/"para que lo nuestro funcione"
    (I rather prefer the last one).
    Lo único que te pido es que no me tomes por segura ("garantida", but it's not that normal in Spanish). Cuándo amo, "lo hago"/"amo" profundamente. Cuando me entrego a alguien, esa entrega es "irrompible"/"incondicional" (I prefer the last one too). La única cosa que no tolero es la infidelidad. Yo siempre estaré a tu lado, en "buenos los buenos y malos momentos"/"en época de vacas flacas o vacas gordas" (The last expression is common here, but I'm not sure if it ¡s common in every Spanish place, so I prefer the first one here). Cuando me necesites yo estaré siempre ahí, pero por favor sabe que soy una persona apasionada y sensible. A veces puedo necesitar un poco de paciencia de tu parte, pero siempre valdrá la pena "tu tiempo"/"tu espera" (I'm not sure what you mean here).
    Yo no quiero ser tu jefe, no quiero decirte qué hacer. Quiero que tomemos las decisiones juntos y "equitativamente"/"por igual" (both make sense here). Tú eres mi hombre, y yo soy tu mujer
    (Lady means dama, but it's not that used indeed). Muéstrame que me amas, muéstrame qué valgo la pena para tí. No habrá nunca nadie que te ame tan profundamente como yo lo hago. Sólo "hazme saber"/"déjame saber" que significo lo suficiente para tí como para recorrer esa milla extra a veces. No te lamentarás.
    Con todo mi amor...
    "

.:BiLLiE:. said:

Thank you so much.. it's very good!

4. MaresLejanos said:

You're very welcome