Eylem Aktas - Gururu yenemedik

Thread: Eylem Aktas - Gururu yenemedik

Tags: None

kitty_sweet said:

Default Eylem Aktas - Gururu yenemedik

Can somebody translate this song please?

Eylem Aktas - Gururu yenemedik

Yenemedik gururu yenemedik
    Daha düsemedik biz aska
    Bilemedik geçmisi silemedik
    Daha gelemedik biz aska
    Aska izin ver tanisin yüzünü erisin gözyaslarim düssünn birak
    Demir yüregim dinlenecek görecek suretini yüreginde
    Sen benden geçsen de olur
    Ahh vazgeçsende bu canda durur
    Ask bekler gururuna yol ver
    Sevdam yakar yanar bu sehirler
    Birak ne olur gözyasim yüzümü bulur
    Sevdan izim olsun
    Yolunu bulurum karisir deli sulara
    Assin birak akar yüregim
    Ah sel olur dokunur yar senin yüregine
    Sigindigim kiyilarina
    Ah derman ol yaralarima
    Ask bekler gururuna yol ver
    Sevdam yakar yanar bu sehirler ..."
    Birak ne olur gözyasim yüzümü bulur

2. Balkaneuro said:

I tried to translate this song, i hope someone can correct my errors

Yenemedik gururu yenemedik/ we didn't overcome our pride, we didn't overcome
    Daha düsemedik biz aska/ we still didn't think of love
    Bilemedik geçmisi silemedik/ we didn't know, we didn't clear the history
    Daha gelemedik biz aska/ love didn't come to us still
    Aska izin ver tanisin yüzünü erisin gözyaslarim düssünn birak/
    Demir yüregim dinlenecek görecek suretini yüreginde/ my iron heart will listen, will see your true face in your heart
    Sen benden geçsen de olur
    Ahh vazgeçsende bu canda durur/ ah if you give up from this soul it will stop
    Ask bekler gururuna yol ver/ love waits, gives way to the pride
    Sevdam yakar yanar bu sehirler/my love/passion fires up, burns up these cities
    Birak ne olur gözyasim yüzümü bulur/ please leave it, let my face find my tears
    Sevdan izim olsun/
    Yolunu bulurum karisir deli sulara/
    Assin birak akar yüregim/
    Ah sel olur dokunur yar senin yüregine/
    Sigindigim kiyilarina/
    Ah derman ol yaralarima/ ah become a cure for my wounds

Derin89 said:

Good job Balkaneuro (I'm not saying this to encourage you or something, really you've done quite well lol). I'll translate the song on your translation so that both of you can benefit from it.

Yenemedik gururu yenemedik/ we didn't overcome our pride, we didn't overcome
    We couldn't win, we couldn't win against our pride
    Daha düsemedik biz aska/ we still didn't think of love
    We couldn't fall in/into love (It's not "düşünmedik" but "düşemedik" )
    Bilemedik geçmisi silemedik/ we didn't know, we didn't clear the history
    Daha gelemedik biz aska/ love didn't come to us still
    We couldn't come to/reach love yet
    Aska izin ver tanisin yüzünü, erisin gözyaslarim düşsün, birak/Allow love to recognize your face, let your tears melt, let them fall, let it go
    Demir yüregim dinlenecek görecek suretini yüreginde/ my iron heart will listen, will see your true face in your heart
    My iron heart will rest, and shall see your face in your heart (It's "dinlenecek" (will rest) and not "dinleyecek" (will listen) Gee, writing it like this, they do sound pretty similar lol)
    Sen benden geçsen de olur/It's okay if you give up on me (Sen benden geç/Sen benden vazgeç)
    Ahh vazgeçsen de bu canda durur/ ah if you give up from this soul it will stop
    Ahh even if you give up (this love) it will stay in this can

Now "Can" is a rather difficult word to translate. Let me explain it like this, it is something like a soul but more concrete. For instance when someone dies, we say "Canı çıktı ve öldü" (His can took off and he died") Or "Ağlaya ağlaya canım çıktı" My can took off from crying (alot)" And just for the recond, it's also a Turkish male name "Can" and people sometimes add this to the end of their names as "Hasancan", "Duygucan" etc.
    Ask bekler gururuna yol ver/ love waits, gives way to the pride
    Love waits, give way to your pride
    Sevdam yakar yanar bu sehirler/my love/passion fires up, burns up these cities
    Birak ne olur gözyasim yüzümü bulur/ please leave it, let my face find my tears
    Sevdan izim olsun/Let your love be my guide/or let it be my trail as "iz" also means trail
    Yolunu bulurum karisir deli sulara/I'll find your way and will mingle with the wild waters
    Aşsin birak akar yüregim/Let it surpass it, my crazy heart will flow
    Ah sel olur dokunur yar senin yüregine/Ah it will become a flood in your heart my love
    Sigindigim kiyilarina/The shores that I have seeked refuge in

Ah derman ol yaralarima/ ah become a cure for my wounds
    Last edited by Derin89; 07-01-2009 at 02:54 PM.
    Bana muvaffakiyetsizlestiricilestiriveremeyebilecekleri mizdenmissinizcesineden daha uzun bir kelime bul çekirge.

4. Balkaneuro said:

bu ne ya : ( i should stop trying to translate. Thank you so much Derin89 for your help and translation, you are very kind to help me learn more and take the time to explain.. insallah one day i will be more accurate : )

kitty_sweet said:

thank you for the translation

kibele said:

balkan, why do you say so? you have done really good. you confuse some words because they are written similar. don't be sad.. you'll succeed
    Endless Climb
    I am blind
    Why can't I hear?
    Color blind
    Speaking a phrase
    Instantly grown
    I am blind
    Waiting in line

Derin89 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Balkaneuro View Post
    bu ne ya : ( i should stop trying to translate. Thank you so much Derin89 for your help and translation, you are very kind to help me learn more and take the time to explain.. insallah one day i will be more accurate : )
    Rica ederim. Hayır, bence çeviriye devam etmelisin. Translating will make you feel more confident with the language and the most fun part about learning a language, for me at least, is the phase when you start understanding its songs so keep up your work! I've no doubt you'll be fluent in Turkish.
    Bana muvaffakiyetsizlestiricilestiriveremeyebilecekleri mizdenmissinizcesineden daha uzun bir kelime bul çekirge.

8. Balkaneuro said:

when i hear a song and i understand a few lines i get so happy :P haha, but when i try to translate, i feel like i try to hard to understand and it makes me even more confused! but thank you both for your encouragement you are very kind, i will keep learning and trying!

9. anouch said:

Thanks for the translation. translating poetry and songs is usually very difficult so Balkaneuro you did well. I wanted to point something that DEMIR in (Demir yüregim dinlenecek görecek suretini yüreginde is the name of the character in the series Asi So I think it goes like this: Demir's heart will rest, and shall see your face in your heart...

10. selim said:

Quote Originally Posted by anouch View Post
    Thanks for the translation. translating poetry and songs is usually very difficult so Balkaneuro you did well. I wanted to point something that DEMIR in (Demir yüregim dinlenecek görecek suretini yüreginde is the name of the character in the series Asi So I think it goes like this: Demir's heart will rest, and shall see your face in your heart...
    Demir may be name of a character, however if the lyrics is correct,

Demir yüregim dinlenecek is translated as

Demir, my heart will rest, ....

It's common to use words same as the characters name but I think Demir has to be translated as Iron or fig. hard, or something alike.

Furthermore suret may somehow mean face but actually it means image, or a copy as we use mostly;

I would translate

My iron heart will rest and find her mate (image) in your heart.

seLimmm

WendyScof said:

Thank you so much guys for the lyrics and the translation! It's such a beautiful song <3

According to me I think that "demir" here is related to the iron not to the character Demir.

12. alsane3 said:

Default help please

hello guys, thanks for your help, i'm new here, can someone email me the lyrics and translation for :Sevdali_Sevginin kokusu ( ithink that's the name of the song ...i can email you the mp3 file...these are all asi songs, and i want to know what they mean please) also i wanna know where i can buy the DVD for the series and not have to watch it online (the visual is bad!) and if it's translated to english so i can understand. finally i would like to know where i can buy the sound track because i love all the songs/music in it...sorry to bother you guys but this is the best forum i found where people are really helpful and nice enough to answer and help...so thanks ( if you guys can email me the answers (and any other info you have ) i'd really appreciate it).

WendyScof said:

Hi aslane3!

Sevginin Kokusu is my favorite song from the "Asi OST" I love that melody so so much, but I think that it's just a melody without lyrics??!!!

Here is the lyrics for another song song from "Asi" it's a great song too, enjoy!

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/tu...r-asi-ask.html

kitty_sweet said:

i have the sound tracks from asi
    if you want them, give me the e-mail and i will send them

15. alsane3 said:

Default here it is

hello guys thanks for your response, but i think there's a slower version with lyrics called (Sevdali ???) and i think the actress Tülay Günal (Süheyla) is the singer here because it sounds like her and also asi's father in the series (Çetin Tekindor ) talks a bit in the song saying poetry.... this is the link
    http://www.4shared.com/file/13585805...___-__-__.html
    or i can email you the file i'm talking about...it sounds really nice...as for my email for the sound track it's alsane3@gmail.com , thanks guys.

WendyScof said:

Yeah it's Tülay Günal (Süheyla) singing "Sevdali" and also the song "Mandra" she have such a great voice, very nostalgic <3
    I don't have the lyrics, sorry! Hope you found it