Yugo, fića & all about cars (automobili)

Thread: Yugo, fića & all about cars (automobili)

Tags: None

Zahal said:

Default Yugo, fića & all about cars (automobili)

Baš dobro!
    Kad budem kući (u ponedeljak) ja ću ga pokušati skinuti!

Evo nove reči:
    "Prolazi Mujo pored pauk-službe i vidi da mu dižu 'juga', pored koga je stajao NAPUCANI 'mercedes'".

I da li je "juga" neka kola iz prostora bivše Jugoslavije?

miki444 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahal View Post
    Baš dobro!
    Kad budem kući (u ponedeljak) ja ću ga pokušati skinuti!

Evo nove reči:
    "Prolazi Mujo pored pauk-službe i vidi da mu dižu 'juga', pored koga je stajao NAPUCANI 'mercedes'".

I da li je "juga" neka kola iz prostora bivše Jugoslavije?
    you don't know this one ? it's the "zastava - yugo koral 45" - a legend !

how to double the worth of a yugo ? fill the gas-tank !
    why does a yugo have rear-glass-heating ? to warm the hands of the poor bastard who has to push the car in the winter.

we should make a jokes-thread !

pthalo said:

da, jugo jeste kola. Ima ih i ovde i u Mađarskoj
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

miki444 said:

'kola' is a serbian word, but i'm still pretty sure that you have to use the plural in this case so "su"/"jesu" and not "je"/"jeste".
    probably because you always have at least two wheels.

pthalo said:

oh, da. zaboravila sam da je množina. onda jugo jesu kola
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

Zahal said:

Quote Originally Posted by miki444 View Post
    you don't know this one ? it's the "zastava - yugo koral 45" - a legend !
    Ma super, nisam znao da vi imate vaša sopstvena kola! Ali kad gledam sliku ih dobro prepoznajem! Ima ih svugde dole na Balkanu
    Ali da li su ova kola još "živa"? Ili da li već pripadaju prošlosti?

pthalo said:

ne znam da li ih još proizvodu, ali ovde u Mađarskoj ima ljudi koji ih još voze

Spring said:

Eh... Jugo is very much alive and kicking (all around) . It used to be exported everywhere in Europe and even to USA (I'm pretty sure I saw some in Egypt as well.. or it might have been some other Zastava's car). Though, the last Yugo was produced at the end of last year (If you're interested in the story, read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zastava..._of_production).

But we have a much more interesting "car" - Zastava 750 Fica
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zastava_750

I say "car" because I never thought of fića as a car but.. there are automobili and fiće It is damn small and damn hard to drive! We say that - once you manage to drive fica, you've learned how to drive (anything)!
    Pay attention to the sound.. it really has a specific sound (and smell lol)

btw kola is most widely used for car although auto(mobil) is more correct as kola originates from something like this - click -
    Last one was produced in 1985 but its still on the roads because it's extremely cheap (a kotrlja se ) and therefore the only thing some people can afford. On the other hand, some have a thing for it so they restore it and tune it and then race with other fica rally cars

Please pay no attention to the language in the video - I couldn't find a better one lol

pthalo said:

na mađarskom imamo reč "kocsi" koji znači kola (i u origijalnom smislu reči), a sada kocsi znači i automobil... lenji smo da kažemo "személygépkocsi" (lična mašina kola) pa kažemo kocsi za sve (wagon, car, compartments on a train, shopping cart, baby carriage...)

Zahal said:

Mislim da je ovaj auto baš sladak
    Nažalost nisam ga video ovde, na severu

Uzgred budi rečeno, šta znači "napucati" u kontekstu "pored koga je stajao napucani mercedes"?

Spring said:

Maybe it's simply meant to be like "a show off car" but more likely it's like napucani fica in my second video (turbo fica - they did whatever is done with cars so that they would look better, go faster... I was wondering how to translate a similar description for it that said "nabudžani" fića and came to conclusion it can only be "restored and tuned" and in case of a mercedes, more like just tuned
    cars' owners spend millions making their vehicles look beautiful and imaginative experts tune the cars and make an art piece from each of them. ... technology and power; not only colors and designs of heart attack or tricked cars that run faster...
    Car Tuning

Zahal said:

Awesome!
    Like they do in the MTV-show Pimp my ride

Dangerous & Moving said:

Hahaha, when I was a kid I used to be afraid of fićo, it thought it has eyes and that it looks at me like some monster
    ''Glupost je sama u sebe zaljubljena i njeno je samoljublje bezgranično.''

''Siamo niente senza fantasie''

''Наверное мне место на луне, но страшно оставаться в темноте''

14. Zoka said:

15. ina said:

Fića, Yugo i.... Buba!

Evo jedna praktična upotreba kola

Last edited by ina; 07-14-2009 at 05:46 AM.

Spring said:

I wont tell you you're off topic if you tell us the English words for
    karburator
    rucna kocnica
    francuski kljuc
    kombinirke
    cetvorotockas

miki444 said:

yugo was also exported to the USA, here is the commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L38EAiniyuA

'the road back to sanity"

and it had an appearance in the movie "die hard":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H515BD6alB0

18. ina said:

U "Politikinom zabavniku" je pisalo da to što mi zovemo francuski ključ u Francuskoj zovu engleski ključ, a u Engleskoj valjda Dynagrip Wrench

19. Zoka said:

Just in case You ment me -

karburator - carburetor
    rucna kocnica - hand break or parking break
    francuski kljuc - franch tool
    kombinirke - combine device
    cetvorotockas - four wheel drive

Am I won somthing?

Spring said:

Nope

Because -

francuski kljuc = monkey wrench

and I have no idea about kombinirke but I'm pretty sure it's not combine device lol

PS
    it's combined pliers!
    Last edited by Spring; 07-14-2009 at 05:46 AM. Reason: done some googling :D