The Serbian Cyrillic/ Српска ћирилица

Thread: The Serbian Cyrillic/ Српска ћирилица

Tags: None

tedinkyyy said:

Default The Serbian Cyrillic/ Српска ћирилица

I finally learned how to read all the letters that don't exist in our language.It was kinda hard cause I rarely meet Serbian written in Cyrillic and even when I see it in that way I first take it for Macedonian lol
    For all the people studying Српски:

А - A
    Б - B
    В - V
    Г - G
    Д - D
    Ђ - Đ
    Е - E
    Ж - Ž
    З - Z
    И - I
    Ј - J
    К - K
    Л - L
    Љ - Lj
    М - M
    Н - N
    Њ - Nj
    О - O
    П - P
    Р - R
    С - S
    Т - T
    Ћ - Ć
    У - U
    Ф - F
    Х - H
    Ц - C
    Ч - Č
    Џ - Dž
    Ш - Š

P.P wow it seems really strange for me to see ш as the last letter In the Bulgarian alphabet there are 5 more letters after it
    Cyrillic rulz so use it more often
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

i'm little one said:

yeah hahah its endin in "ш" its strange for me too and i want all the time to continue it(like in Russian) but unfortinatelly its impossible
    and i all the time forget how to read this letters "Ђ" and "Ћ" so when i see it,im startin thinkin so long

tedinkyyy said:

Hmm... upam se, da ti zdaj pomagam [ vem, da ti so všeč Siddharta ]
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

Spring said:

Quote Originally Posted by i'm little one View Post
    and i all the time forget how to read this letters "Ђ" and "Ћ" so when i see it,im startin thinkin so long
    The two letters used to drive me crazy in highschool.. when I was supposed to write without thinking.. I also had to think ..

As for pronounciation...

đ (dj) = Ђ ђ [dy] like "dy" in "would you" or...

like Lepa Brena's Đorđe (Đoka, Đole, Đokica) LOL

ć = Ћ ћ [ty] is very close to "ty" in "get you"; like in Italian Ciao

pthalo said:

I read that to pronounce ć you should put the tip of your tongue behind your bottom front teeth, don't close your teeth and say it that way. Is that correct?
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

i'm little one said:

hahah i like that song Lepa Brena's Đorđe (Đoka, Đole, Đokica) and if one day i learn Serbian ill be so happy
    Spring thanks for explanationsbut i still cant accept that Serbian use latin letters more then cyrillic
    Tedinkyyy,yeah im everywhere(seems in all Balkan's languages)and Siddharta is my favorite group(rock music) even that i dont know Slovenianbut from Serbian its as well Amadeus band for me

miki444 said:

Quote Originally Posted by i'm little one View Post
    hahah i like that song Lepa Brena's Đorđe (Đoka, Đole, Đokica) and if one day i learn Serbian ill be so happy
    Spring thanks for explanationsbut i still cant accept that Serbian use latin letters more then cyrillic
    why ? that's good! all countries should abolish cyrillic and move to latin letters,
    so that i would be easier for me to learn the languages.
    it takes me 5x the time to read a cyrillc text as opposed to a latin text.

RebekaB said:

Miki if that's criterion we all should speak English and that will be a lot easier to all. But that's stupid.

@Im the little one

We use both. Officialy. But all official documents are in cyrilic. I use cyrilic when I writte with hand but some scripts in the net don't read some our letters or cyrilic at all. So I think that's why we more often use latin letters. But also you have right There's a lot of people that use only latin letters.

miki444 said:

rebeka, that was a joke

RebekaB said:

Miki, I know but i hate that kind of jokes

Spring said:

It's not a bad idea if you ask me
    (having Latin as official script as well as English being the official language everywhere hehe)

i'm little one said:

Miki ,well cyrilic script in Serbian is easier for me(my native language is Russian and it helps me) cause when i see the text or smthin it, its so simple for me to translate it from Serbian to Rus. or Eng.,my head(brain) is startin workin so fast
    but latin letters make me crazy so much,and in the beginin when i just start to learn and translate,it was like a disaster,but now let me say its ok
    Rebeka i know u wont mind if i write with cyrilic lettersbut first i must learn grammar a little

Zahal said:

Quote Originally Posted by miki444 View Post
    It takes me 5x the time to read a cyrillc text as opposed to a latin text.
    Hehe, welcome to the club!

But I would prefer Russian to be worldspread as a major language

However, I wonder if I can find good instructions how to write Cyrillics by hand, that is with small letters, on the internet?!
    Like really basic instructions, the same the teachers give to the kids in elementary school.
    I think that's the real challenge when we're talking Cyrillics!

pthalo said:

You can see the handwriting here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_Cyrillic

That's how I learned, I copied those letters out and wrote them again and again.
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

tedinkyyy said:

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post
    It's not a bad idea if you ask me
    (having Latin as official script as well as English being the official language everywhere hehe)
    Noooooo, give ur words back I love Cyrillic and I hate English...
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

RebekaB said:

Quote Originally Posted by tedinkyyy View Post
    Noooooo, give ur words back I love Cyrillic and I hate English...
    I agree with you

I don't like this first class kid's letters on wiki. Some of us should write it down and scan it so Zahal and the others can learn cirillyc

pthalo said:

ooh that's a good idea. I have had very little chance to try to read other people's handwriting. Maybe I could write something too and you could tell me if it's legible *g*

pthalo said:

Spring said:

Oh my God.. that's like my highschool nightmare! handwritten Cyrillic! And I am sure I haven't seen it minimum 10 years now lol
    But you did it great pthalo! (and I dont know what you mean by lеgible g? Serbian д ?)

pthalo said:

thanks

*g* means *giggle*