Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Sting - Desert Rose Arabic Lyric Translations

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Sting - Desert Rose Arabic Lyric Translations

    I need the exact translations please:

    هدي مدة طويلة
    Hadaee mada tawila
    وانا نحوس انا وعلا غزالتي
    Wa ana nahos ana wahala ghzalti
    وانا نحوس انا وعلا غزالتي
    Wa ana nahos ana wahala ghzalti
    وانا نحوس انا وعلا غزالتي
    Wa ana nahos ana wahala ghzalti

    عمري فيك انتيا
    Omry feek antia
    ما غيرانتيا
    Ma ghair antia
    ما غيرانتيا
    Ma ghair antia

  2. #2
    Moderator Steena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Thanks
    322
    Thanked 564 Times in 464 Posts

    Have a look if this is helpful to you
    http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ar...tml#post609667
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Thanks i looked at the link it was helpful,
    but the word "Wa'la (وعلا)" means what exactly
    and the word "Ghzalty (غزالتي)" mean what exactly

  4. #4
    Senior Member ELEEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 346 Times in 167 Posts

    The exact meaning of the whole sentence "Wana nh'awis ana wa'la ghzalti"
    means :
    "since I was looking , O me , for my deer ( Ghzalty = deer metaphor for the beauty of the beloved )"

    And , In fact , He could only say : "wana nh'awis a'la ghzalty" which means : "since I was looking for my deer "

    But he added "ana wa'la" like kind of repeatition ,just to be with the rythm of the music .. I hope you could get it ?!
    .. وذاك الذي لا يرى غيره
    ولا يجد الخير خيـرا ً اذا لم يكن خيره
    فــــــــراغ .. فـــــراغ

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    thanks, wana (وانا) means "since" or it mean "and i"

  6. #6
    Senior Member ELEEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 346 Times in 167 Posts

    Yes wana means "and I" , but in his sentence he says : " hadi muda twila wana .." ,in this case it means : "it has been along time since .." , I didn't want to translate it litterally because it wouldn't be so exact =)
    .. وذاك الذي لا يرى غيره
    ولا يجد الخير خيـرا ً اذا لم يكن خيره
    فــــــــراغ .. فـــــراغ

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    You also might find some useful info here:
    http://www.shawshara.com/wiki/Desert_Rose

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I still dont think these arabic lyrics are correct. unless there is a repetition somewhere. please help it is driving me insane.
    the first two times he repeats:Wa ana nahos ana wahala ghzalti
    it sounds as if he says something else towards the end of it after the "ana"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yat View Post
    I need the exact translations please:

    هدي مدة طويلة
    Hadaee mada tawila
    وانا نحوس انا وعلا غزالتي
    Wa ana nahos ana wahala ghzalti
    وانا نحوس انا وعلا غزالتي
    Wa ana nahos ana wahala ghzalti
    وانا نحوس انا وعلا غزالتي
    Wa ana nahos ana wahala ghzalti

    عمري فيك انتيا
    Omry feek antia
    ما غيرانتيا
    Ma ghair antia
    ما غيرانتيا
    Ma ghair antia

  9. #9
    Senior Member hob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 77 Times in 70 Posts

    Look at the post 2 for the good translation.

    And yes he does a repetition, he says : hadhi moda tweela, wana nhawes ana w'ala 'ala ghzalti

    But don't look at the first post, the transcription is not correct.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    thanks for replying but it sounds like this to me, not sure it makes sense but listen carefully and let me know:
    hadhi moda tweela,
    wana nhawes ana we'youni hawli ghzalti
    wana nhawes ana we'youni hawli ghzalti
    wana nhawes ana w'ala ghzali
    Quote Originally Posted by hob View Post
    Look at the post 2 for the good translation.

    And yes he does a repetition, he says : hadhi moda tweela, wana nhawes ana w'ala ghzalti

    But don't look at the first post, the transcription is not correct.
    Last edited by bluenose117; 08-28-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: typo

  11. #11
    Senior Member hob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 77 Times in 70 Posts

    No he doesn't say that at all

  12. #12
    Member sarra314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 41 Times in 14 Posts

    I agree with hob it's a repetition for the word a'la

    hadi mouda twela wana nhawess ana we a'la a'la ghzalti

    In fact he says

    هدي مدة طويلة
    Hadaee mada tawila
    وانا نحوس انا وعلا غزالتي
    Wa ana nahos ana wahala ghzalti
    وانا نحوس انا وعلا غزالتي
    Wa ana nahos ana wahala ghzalti
    وانا نحوس انا واه على غزالي
    Wa ana nahos ana wah a'la ghzali


    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose117 View Post
    thanks for replying but it sounds like this to me, not sure it makes sense but listen carefully and let me know:
    hadhi moda tweela,
    wana nhawes ana we'youni hawli ghzalti
    wana nhawes ana we'youni hawli ghzalti
    wana nhawes ana w'ala ghzali
    I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I totally disagree,The first two lines do not sound remotly close to what you are proposing i wish there is a way to find out for sure.
    But thanks so much for replying. Maybe other members might comment??re
    Quote Originally Posted by sarra314 View Post
    I agree with hob it's a repetition for the word a'la

    hadi mouda twela wana nhawess ana we a'la a'la ghzalti

    In fact he says

    هدي مدة طويلة
    Hadaee mada tawila
    وانا نحوس انا وعلا غزالتي
    Wa ana nahos ana wahala ghzalti
    وانا نحوس انا وعلا غزالتي
    Wa ana nahos ana wahala ghzalti
    وانا نحوس انا واه على غزالي
    Wa ana nahos ana wah a'la ghzali

  14. #14
    Member oumy077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 35 Times in 30 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose117 View Post
    I totally disagree,The first two lines do not sound remotly close to what you are proposing i wish there is a way to find out for sure.
    But thanks so much for replying. Maybe other members might comment??re
    Well, maybe you were a little confused because he actually says:


    هدي مدة طويلة
    Hadaee mada tawila
    وانا نحوس انا وعلا علا غزالتي
    Wa ana nahos ana wa'ala 'ala ghzalti
    وانا نحوس انا وعلا علا غزالتي
    Wa ana nahos ana wa'ala 'ala ghzalti
    وانا نحوس انا واه على غزالي
    Wa ana nahos ana wah a'la ghzali
    People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos, is because things are being loved, and people are being used

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thank you .. I guess I have to take your words for it ( no pun intended)

Similar Threads

  1. Arabic grammar from A-Z
    By Maviii in forum Learning Arabic language & Misc. translations
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 02:20 AM
  2. to learn arabic by songs....
    By rialisha06 in forum Arabic lyrics translation
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 05:45 AM
  3. Arabic Songs, Lyrics, and Translations.
    By cronin in forum Arabic lyrics translation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 11:11 PM
  4. Cheb Mami feat. Sting - Desert Rose
    By Dendra in forum Arabic lyrics translation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 08:10 PM
  5. Seal - Kiss From A Rose :) Please
    By tigress_tim in forum Turkish lyrics translation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 07:59 AM

Posting Permissions