Solved: Help with a reggae dancehall song

Thread: Solved: Help with a reggae dancehall song

Tags: None

cbwillallen25 said:

Smile Solved: Help with a reggae dancehall song

OK, 1st off this song I believe came out in 1991, 1992 or 1993, but definitely early 90s. It was on some album in 1991, 1992 or 1993. The album was all reggae dancehall and it was like a mix tape, it could play most of the song or the entire song then it can instantly move to the next one.

I believe the song has some lines like

Dance all nice again

Dance until 5 o'clock again

Mr Officer I beg you ease up (this line is sung several times throughout the song, even at least once he says "so Mr Officer I beg you ease up")

And if you make the dance

Everybody feels nice

I'm asking you to ease up the pressure

rice heineken red stripe

Mr Officer ease up Mr Officer

cool down the pressure

Cool down Mr Officer (last line of the song, probably from the mix tape)

I currently am listening to the song. I will try my best to post more, but certain things are hard. This is the best I can do. Hopefully there are lyrics out there.
    Last edited by cbwillallen25; 07-21-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: I found the name of the song

cbwillallen25 said:

Well, 2 things I think are possibilities. One is it may be Freddie McGregor singing this song. Another thing is maybe it's Ease Off Mr Officer. I am sure it's either up or off inside the song. I'm currently looking under both.

cbwillallen25 said:

OK, a break through took place. I kep placing certain quotes in and out on google. I finally searched a single quote "Mr Officer I beg you ease up" and I found out that someone else was looking for this song. He said it could be Freddie McGregor. I started to listen to a few of his songs and he did sound like the guy who sang this song.

I started searching his name and placing "Mr Officer" in quotes as he says that quite often. Eventually I saw ease off with Mr Officer. I then started looking for ease off and one site had a sample of a song and it ended up being the one. This song I can't find any lyrics to though, I'm not sure why. NOt only that, I can't find a full audio online. Thanks as I found out the song, but I am still looking for an audio, but it's solved though.

Steena said:

Thanks for letting us know! Hope you find the audio track.
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

cbwillallen25 said:

You're welcome, and thanks. I hope so as well. I think I will eventually. I also hope that I can find a site that has all of its lyrics.
  6. r-roy said:

i found this page after searching myself what album this song is from, any clues as to what freddie mcgregor release it can be found on?

I first came across it about 2 months ago when buying a few 7"s completely by accident. Anyway i have uploaded my copy of it for everyone's listenning pleasure...ease off!!

http://www.easy-share.com/1908338539/Ease Off.mp3

cbwillallen25 said:

Thanks a lot, I really, greatly appreciate it.