Hello music lovers

Thread: Hello music lovers

Tags: None

9_Heavens said:

Exclamation Hello music lovers

Hello from the U.S.! English is my first and only (...for now) language. I adore all languages and I really love listening to people talk Arabic, its fascinating! So is Turkish and Hindi.

I like all sorts of music, from Alabina to Bjork to Bebel Gilberto to Ofra Haza to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan to Malkit Singh to Arash and Nancy Ajram.

But I prefer less popular and more focused groups, and right now I very much like Mercan Dede, although his sound can change drastically from album to album. Niyaz, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Ulla Pirttijärvi: some of my other favorite groups.

I'm always looking to branch out and expand my musical horizons, hopefully i can chat with you folks on this forum about your musical likes and dislikes!

hoşça kal!

Berna said:

Merhaba Foruma hoşgeldin=)

I hope you'll enjoy here. Unfortunately I can't comment on what you listen to because I've never heard these names before I only love listening Spanish and English songs. Anyway I'm sure that there are lots of people here who know these singers

Greetings from İstanbul, hoşçakal.

9_Heavens said:

well thank you, and i love meeting people from different places, so i'm pleased to meet you.

if you enjoy spanish music you might check out Bebel Gilberto. she is not spanish but brazilian, and sings in portugese to jazz and bossa nova music. its very soothing music. also Rodrigo Y Gabriela a mexican duo who play killer guitars.

which are your favorite spanish artists?

Berna said:

Thank you for the advises I will listen them because I really adore Spanish music, especially Mexican

My favorite Spanish singers are:

Thalia
    Shakira
    Natalia Lafourcade
    Natalia Oreiro
    Rosana
    Café Tacuba
    Fobia
    Rebelde
    Bebé
    Ha*ash
    Juanes
    Luis Fonsi
    Alejandro Sanz
    Aleks Syntek

What's your name in that way? My name's Berna as you see
    See you around

9_Heavens said:

the names martin, and thanks for the suggestions, i love having new music to experience.

shukran, grazie!

Sixx_angel said:

How come nobody gave me a warm welcome, Jeez thanks ALOT~

Zahra2008 said:

Welcome 9 heavens...

another turkish language lover .... join the club then ... lol ...

hope you enjoy your time with us

Greetings from Mexico
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

9_Heavens said:

Mucho gusto, encantado. I'm actually about 2 hours north of the Mexican border here in Arizona so hello neighbor. I'm sure you're feeling the heat as I am it was about 109 degrees today.

What sort of music do you listen to Zahra2008?

Adios

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by 9_Heavens View Post
    Mucho gusto, encantado. I'm actually about 2 hours north of the Mexican border here in Arizona so hello neighbor. I'm sure you're feeling the heat as I am it was about 109 degrees today.

What sort of music do you listen to Zahra2008?

Adios
    Hello neighbor, but actually I live next to the California border .... and I like arabic, turkish, portuguese music.... but specially the arabic!!
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

10. www.Nusratfans.com said:

I also like Arabic Music a lott !!!! Its really very melodious, and i like Qawwalis of Nusrat fateh Ali Khan, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Sabri Brothers, aziz Mian Qawwal a lot of others....