Solved: Obscure 90's Techno(?) Song. Possible lyrics = "ProoooTECT Me"

Thread: Solved: Obscure 90's Techno(?) Song. Possible lyrics = "ProoooTECT Me"

Tags: None
  1. Sigmakaiser said:

Cool Solved: Obscure 90's Techno(?) Song. Possible lyrics = "ProoooTECT Me"

Hi everyone. While browsing the internet looking for a song, I happened upon this forum and figured I'd sign up and ask for some help identifying a particular song.

I have been searching for this particular song for 10-12 years now, and I first heard it playing on the opening of an obscure late-night public access television show. The sound quality was not all that great, and so I had a very hard time trying to hear some of the lyrics, but I will try to mention as many details about this song as possible to help narrow it down.

The song started out with someone, who had a slightly high pitched voice, either a female, or a male whose voice was altered to sound like a younger boy, repeating a phrase every 5 seconds that sounded like the words "protect me", but the "pro" part in "protect" was extended, so when it was said, it sounded like "ProoooooooTECT me", with emphasis on the "tect" in "protect". After about 20-30 seconds, the first part of the phrase changed, but I couldn't decipher what word it was, although the "me" part stayed the same. After another 10-15 seconds, the whole phrase changed completely, which sounded more like an actual sentence, and then the actual music began playing.

It sounded like either techno or electronica, and reminds me of Sandstorm, although it has a faster tempo with harder beats and is entirely different. After about a minute into the song, a man shouts lyrics that to me sounded like the phrase "I am your master!" a few times, followed by the initial starting phrase "protect me" again for a short period of time as the music slows down. The whole thing then repeats another round or two.

That's about all the details I can think of regarding this song that I am looking for. If anyone has heard it before and knows anything about what the title or the artist is, I would very greatly appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone in advance for the help!
    Last edited by Sigmakaiser; 08-07-2009 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Spelling error!

2. Sigmakaiser said:

Default Update

After much research and searching, I actually managed to find a clip of the show playing the exact song I am looking for.

It can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMue4LmrOCk

The audio quality was bad enough considering it played on a public access tv network, and was recorded onto a VHS tape, but recording it with my camera and posting it online was the only means I had of sharing it with everyone, so it undoubtedly has reduced the audibility and quality a bit more, but I still hope that this is enough to help me find out what the exact name of the song is that is playing in the video, as well as who the artist is.

Once again, thanks to anyone in advance who is able to help me out with this!

Mumbles said:

I think it's Lords of Acid - Special Moments
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVe2Jj7NWL4
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice
    Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn

4. Sigmakaiser said:

Yes! That's it!!! I love you, will you have my babies?

All joking aside though, thank you SO SO MUCH for your extremely quick response and all your help!!!

Mumbles said:

No problem! ...I'm glad I could be of help!
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice
    Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn