Solved: What Is This Older Song? Sha La La.....

Thread: Solved: What Is This Older Song? Sha La La.....

Tags: None
  1. skysound said:

Default Solved: What Is This Older Song? Sha La La.....

Okay, I've probably heard this song a thousand times on so-called "easy listening" stations. Although I've searched extensively, this particular song is elusive.

Title is unknown. However, the song just seems to go on forever with "Sha la la la la la la la sha la la la la la la...." (Perhaps it is just "La la la la la la la la...."?). It's very soothing. Other than that, if memory serves correct it is mostly instrumental. It almost sounds like it could have come from French or Italian Cinema. It is likely late 60's or early 70's.

Thanks for any ideas!

ss

2. riptreeper said:

Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
    Off the album " Still On Top "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SP60...eature=channel

3. riptreeper said:

BTW It was originally released in 1967

logan01 said:

I believe I know the one you're referring to. Just can't recall the title and now I probably won't sleep tonight. Perhaps from a 60s movie, romantic comedy. Seems like it's an American movie. Very popular tune at the time.

logan01 said:

The song I believe the poster is referring to had only lalalalala repeated throughout the song as the only lyrics. Repeated mostly in groups of 5 x la (lalalalala). Guess they weren't really lyrics in the purest sense.

6. skysound said:

Thanks so much for the replies.

But it was nothing like "Brown Eyed Girl". Definitely not a rock song. And, it doesn't go in a group of five (lalalalala). It is much more varied and drawn out (Sha la la la la laaa laaaa laaa...Sha la la la la laaa...). Probably depends who you ask how it is classified, but light, instrumental pop with the soothing drone of a chorus singing the "Sha la la..." It was very mellow and instrumental---and apparently much more popular than imagined because I've often heard it on easy listening stations (the really easy listening stations, not the soft rock easy listening variety).

The only comparison that comes to me off the top of my head is from the Schulmaedchenreport's "Title Theme (Madame Und Ihre Nichten)". logan01, you may be correct that it comes from an American film, but to my sensibilities it comes across with a sort of 60's/70's European cinema quality to it. Any ideas based on that?
    Last edited by skysound; 08-20-2009 at 11:33 PM.

7. BlueNileFan said:

Maybe this:

Un Homme et Une Femme - theme of the Claude Lelouch film (1966) by Baden Powell

From the same film, the famous: Samba Saravah

logan01 said:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNileFan View Post
    Maybe this:

Un Homme et Une Femme - theme of the Claude Lelouch film (1966) by Baden Powell

From the same film, the famous: Samba Saravah
    Bad recall on my part; this is the tune I was referring to. Thanks BlueNileFan. I can now have some rest.

9. skysound said:

Default Bingo!

You are a genius to recognize that from my totally inadequate description--that is the song. At long last can add it to my library. Thank you!

10. skysound said:

BTW: The this title song from the film seems to have been the creation of Francis Lai whereas "Samba Saravah" was indeed by Baden Powell.

11. BlueNileFan said:

Skysound, i stand corrected. Did not double-source my answer.

But i did prevent the both of you from becoming wandering, head-banging creatures of the night...for ever and ever and...

"While you see a chance, take it." (Steve Winwood)

Glad that was it.

12. skysound said:

That you did, BlueNileFan. Saved me many hours of searching. Everyone seemed to know it if I hummed it, but no one had a clue as to the name. Can't thank you enough!

13. Soulofmischief said:

Quote Originally Posted by skysound View Post
    Okay, I've probably heard this song a thousand times on so-called "easy listening" stations. Although I've searched extensively, this particular song is elusive.

Title is unknown. However, the song just seems to go on forever with "Sha la la la la la la la sha la la la la la la...." (Perhaps it is just "La la la la la la la la...."?). It's very soothing. Other than that, if memory serves correct it is mostly instrumental. It almost sounds like it could have come from French or Italian Cinema. It is likely late 60's or early 70's.

Thanks for any ideas!

ss
    Minnie Riperton - Lovin' You