Late 80's Club/House tune

Thread: Late 80's Club/House tune

Tags: None
  1. indapipe said:

Default SOLVED: Late 80's Club/House tune

It had kind of a higher pitched male voice. Part of the lyrics that I can remember are:

"Your swimming in a deep river,
    and the banks are very steep.
    You wanna climb outa there,
    but it's breaking under your feet."

The beginning is quite memorable. It had 3 (maybe 4) deep tones with BASS followed by a kinda high pitched "ahhh-ahh-ahh" in declining notes. Anyone remember?
    Last edited by indapipe; 05-25-2012 at 12:11 PM.
  2. indapipe said:

Bump.
  3. indapipe said:

Bump.
  4. indapipe said:

Bump.
  5. indapipe said:

Bump.
  6. indapipe said:

OK, let's see if I can shed some more light on this (thanks, BNF). I heard this song frequently in a club called Astralite in Mississauga, Canada (suburb of Toronto) in late 80's. It was a crowd favorite that was rarely mixed with the previous song because of the outstanding intro. It always got the crowd jumping as soon as the opening beats played. Some of the other songs I remember hearing in the club around the same time frame were "push it" saltnpepa and "she sells sanctuary" the cult. The singer's voice is similar to Byron Stingily of Ten City in the first verse of "That's the way love is" "Two people take a vow to be together and live and love each other forever..." (NOT his high falsetto voice). I can't remember if it was strictly a 4/4 house beat throughout the song but it was definitely in that genre...I'd guess about 120 -123 BPM. Hope that helps you to help me;-)
    Last edited by indapipe; 10-04-2009 at 03:50 PM.
  7. indapipe said:

My feeble attempt to recreate what I remember from the tune.
    Untitled.wma - 0.29MB
  8. indapipe said:

I just did some investigation and learned that Astralite burned down on June 29, 1988.
  9. Claybricks said:
  10. indapipe said:

Thanks for the tip, Clay (and the memories;-)).
  11. indapipe said:

Another song I remember hearing from same timeframe is LL Cool J "Going Back To Cali".
  12. indapipe said:

bump.
  13. indapipe said:

bump.
  14. indapipe said:

bump.
  15. jmj1906 said:

John Rocca – Move (1987)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHnDM4_NKpQ
  16. indapipe said:

WOW!! Thanks JMJ. That's it!! I haven't logged into the site in about 2 years and just saw your post now. I logged in because I just heard the song today on an internet classic dance radio station and heard the song for the first time in about 25 years. Strange the things we get excited about sometimes. ;-)