Weird Electronic Track (Heard Sept. 12, 2009)

Thread: Weird Electronic Track (Heard Sept. 12, 2009)

Tags: None
  1. lamptime said:

Default Weird Electronic Track (Heard Sept. 12, 2009)

Hey all,

I heard this song at American Eagle today...so hard to describe. It's really minimal sounding, with a somewhat auto-tuned robotic girl singing something along the lines of "he said...." and then something else. At first i thought it was "too young" but it could be "to go" etc. or I could be totally off, lol. Cross-referenced the last 3 lists on here along with the Notre Dame BTS playlist and couldn't find anything.

I was a wreck in the store trying to ID this song, lol. I had my iPhone out standing awkwardly in the corner trying to record the track with Shazam while not looking too suspicious, but with no luck.

Thank you kindly!
  2. ladiraider22 said:

Is it Ce Jeu by Yelle?
  3. lamptime said:

No, sorry, it was much more downtempo than that. Thanks for trying though.
  4. yanathin said:

I heard a strangely awesome electronic track too... I'm not sure if it's the same one you're talking about, but I do remember a robotic girl singing it. It was very dancey.. definitely something you'd hear at a night club or something. I actually thought there was a live DJ in the store when I first walked in because it didn't seem like the typical AE playlist. Does anybody know?
  5. EbonyLee said:

I think it's called Hard Candy by Tornado, or Tornado by Hard Candy. Def'n a female singing in there somewhere.. I actually came on to confirm what it's called but I can't narrow it down, and I've yet to see the playlist for Notre Dame at my store. Iunno, good luck. I'm still looking myself.
  6. EbonyLee said:

Default Got It.

It's called "Hairy Candy" by Torpedo from Notre Dame.
  7. lamptime said:

Quote Originally Posted by EbonyLee View Post
    It's called "Hairy Candy" by Torpedo from Notre Dame.
    Thank you!! You all were close. The band is actually called Tobacco. Maybe it was a misprint on the CD.

Anyway it's as good as I remember it! Thank you all!