I've Been Searching for This Song for .. years

Thread: I've Been Searching for This Song for .. years

Tags: None
  1. Mairi_Berry said:

Default I've Been Searching for This Song for .. years

I was listening to a music program I really like called Shakin' It which plays really good, but many times rare, and many times older songs you can dance to. So many times, finding the songs played on it is near impossible.
    Anyway, I heard this song and it sounded like this. (I am positive the lyrics were exactly this, or at least the same tune with slightly different words):

"are you ready? are you ready, cause you can go, if you try. "

or maybe.. the last part was "i've got time"

I emailed the host and though he emailed me back he told me I didn't give him enough information. I told him that it was most definitely a black man's voice and it probably game from the time between the late 60's to early 80's. I know its a long time. with a lot of songs.
    But I am so sure these are the right lyrics that I can sing them exactly as I heard them. And i have never been able to identify this song. Please help me, it's driving me insane.

atmaestro said:

Try "Ready for the 80's" by The Village People

I´m ready for the eighty´s, I´m ready for the eighty´s
    Ready for the time of my life
    Are you ready
    Are you ready
    `Cause I´m ready for you, honey
    `Cause I´m ready for you
    I´m ready for the eighty´s, I´m ready for the eighty´s
    Ready for the time of my life
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. wosh said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20HmSomEHZ0
    try this one .... this is the only one i can think of .... i hope it's the one you're lookin for .. it's from 1970 .... and it's performed by a black man as you say it's most likely to be ...so .. it's possible to be your song ...