Slow, melancholy-ish song, with piano and soft-voiced woman

Thread: Slow, melancholy-ish song, with piano and soft-voiced woman

Tags: None
  1. pillowsackhopper said:

Default Slow, melancholy-ish song, with piano and soft-voiced woman

Of all places, I heard this song in the deli today while grabbing lunch, and it really captured my mood for some reason.

There is some piano throughout the song, particularly one part that goes something like this:
    dun dun dun, dundun dun da dun, then it speeds up sort of rolls up and down, but ends with the same slower "dundun dun da dun"

The singer sings in a soft voice, and it was extremely difficult to make out words, but this is all I could get, and these may be completely wrong

"wasting my time"
    "next to me"
    "watch you sink"

the song is sort of sung in phrases, or it's split up with mid-sentence pauses

I've definitely heard this song before, but never thought about it until today

Hope someone can identify this!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by pillowsackhopper; 09-30-2009 at 01:42 PM.

2. shady daze said:

twice by little dragon?

if not, this is a beautiful song anyway

3. FinallyFoundIt said:

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by pillowsackhopper View Post
    Of all places, I heard this song in the deli today while grabbing lunch, and it really captured my mood for some reason.

There is some piano throughout the song, particularly one part that goes something like this:
    dun dun dun, dundun dun da dun, then it speeds up sort of rolls up and down, but ends with the same slower "dundun dun da dun"

The singer sings in a soft voice, and it was extremely difficult to make out words, but this is all I could get, and these may be completely wrong

"wasting my time"
    "next to me"
    "watch you sink"

the song is sort of sung in phrases, or it's split up with mid-sentence pauses

I've definitely heard this song before, but never thought about it until today

Hope someone can identify this!
    Thanks!
    I have been looking for this song forever. You described it perfectly. I'm pretty sure this is what you're looking for:

In The Waiting Line by Zero 7 on Simple Things.