Looking for a song I've heard in a movie "The Priest"

Thread: Looking for a song I've heard in a movie "The Priest"

Tags: None

maddy5 said:

Default Looking for a song I've heard in a movie "The Priest"

Usually I find the songs I want by searching for the lyrics in google.. but this time I can't.. and i really want this song..

I've heard it in a movie from 1994 "The Priest".. I think the song it's some kind of a gay anthem of the time... the movie it's Irish so maybe the song is Irish as well..
    Some of the lyrics are "touch me now/need your body/see me now/watching you".

You can listen to it here: (it's the first scene)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri-qGpTz9eg

Pergola said:

Quote Originally Posted by maddy5 View Post
    The video is - at least in Germany - only viewable for registred YouTube users.

Here's a list of songs said to be used in the movie, maybe you find the one you are looking for among these:
    http://www.mooviees.com/4662/soundtrack

maddy5 said:

Thanks for the help.. I've already looked in the OST list.. the song is not listed in there.. probably i cant find it because it's old and maybe irish. I think you have to hear it..

It's really easy to create an account in youtube.

I'll do one soon for the people who wanna access without spending the time in registering.

Thanks

Pergola said:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by maddy5 View Post
    It's really easy to create an account in youtube.
    I have three email accounts, I'm on MySpace, last.fm, a German facebook rip-off, Skype, ICQ... I have an Amazon and an eBay account, I'm registred in more than a dozen forums and so on... I really don't want another account ANYWHERE.

Ehm... back to topic.
    That's sad that the song is not among the ones listed on the website (and in the movies credits as well).
    Good luck.

Mumbles said:

Maybe this will help

Here's a link to just the audio....Priest.mp3
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice
    Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn

maddy5 said:

Well thank you I'm still dying to know who sings it..

Here's a clip... with a better audio. (Does he say "Touch me now" or "Judge me now"??)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0bjuz5YBLM

How is it possible?? LOL you see people leaving comments under the videos asking for the song... for years! and nobody knows!!

maddy5 said:

This is my "impossible" song..

8. BlueNileFan said:

Seasoned musician Andy Roberts scored the film. You might read what he has to say about that on his biographical interview page. (about 90% in)

Since he only mentions a single outside artist, Recreation (probably the scene name) would be his score. As to the actual players, only he would know.

I also noted from the video that the musical phrase is quite short and seems to be looped ( i hope I'm wrong!).

maddy5 said:

Thank you... yes, it may be looped "touch me now, I need your body.. see me now.. judge me now..." yeah.. the lyrics are not great... what really got me was the instrumental and the way he sings.. for some reason I don't know. And the fact that I've been looking for it for years makes me want it even more.. I still press the reply button on that scene over and over.. I still hope I get that song someday! lol

Frankie Jasmine said:

Tonight I'm short on time and don't have time to check this out. You might try "IMDB"--the International Movie Data Base. It does not require enrolling to get a lot of information about each film. You really have to scour the options there though, under the movie title to get at what you're wanting. This is my best tip.

Also, another option that works for me sometimes is searching Wikipedia--movie name; Andy Roberts, etc.

maddy5 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Tonight I'm short on time and don't have time to check this out. You might try "IMDB"--the International Movie Data Base. It does not require enrolling to get a lot of information about each film. You really have to scour the options there though, under the movie title to get at what you're wanting. This is my best tip.

Also, another option that works for me sometimes is searching Wikipedia--movie name; Andy Roberts, etc.
    Thanks! Unfortunately... I've already checked IMDB ... even been through all the reviews hoping that maybe someone mentioned the song, someone asked in 2006 about it at imdb, she got quite a few answers but nobody knows...
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110889/...2&p=1#37967752

And I have been through a lot of OST track listings and had no luck..

12. musician said:

Hello everyone!

I'm also searching this song! Help!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovQ7GMXVgQM

13. musician said:

Hey! Maybe you still have the audio??