Why is the Czech / Slovak / Slovene so dead??

Thread: Why is the Czech / Slovak / Slovene so dead??

Tags: None
  1. Grind138 said:

Angry Why is the Czech / Slovak / Slovene so dead??

I don't mean to be spamming or anything. But I'm seriously wondering. Myself and a few others have done some threads, and nothing but a bunch of reads and NO replies! What is the deal!?!?

TheNuttyOne said:

About 20 million speakers TOTAL for the three, and those countries are not really well known. When I think of Slovenia what comes to mind? nothing . slovakia? Nothing. czech republic? Škoda. That's pretty much it.

Those were my 1.5 cents (I kept the .5 cents ... recession)

lopatka said:

The (obvious) truth is .. there are not many Slovene/Slovak/Czech people visiting the forum (TheNuttyOne, look at the Bulgarian/Macedonian forum .. we are 8-9 million people in total, but there's still some life left there ;] )

*Didn't know Skoda was Czech. Never too late to learn something new, eh?
    Ungir kallar, kátir kallar, gangiđ upp á gólv dansiđ lystilig!

TheNuttyOne said:

Quote Originally Posted by lopatka View Post
    The (obvious) truth is .. there are not many Slovene/Slovak/Czech people visiting the forum (TheNuttyOne, look at the Bulgarian/Macedonian forum .. we are 8-9 million people in total, but there's still some life left there ;] )

*Didn't know Skoda was Czech. Never too late to learn something new, eh?
    Maybe their music is just TERRIBLE, this is a music forum after all

lopatka said:

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuttyOne View Post
    Maybe their music is just TERRIBLE, this is a music forum after all
    I doubt it's more terrible than the Bulgarian music :P As I said, I think the problem is that people have actually work to do, they don't have any time to waste on the internet

jk :P
    Ungir kallar, kátir kallar, gangiđ upp á gólv dansiđ lystilig!

6. Grind138 said:

@ TheNuttyOne - Yeah I know they're not well known. Certainly not where you and I are from! I've just noticed that other countries like Serbia seems to have a lot going musically speaking, apparently. Perhaps Slovakia and what not just haven't made it out with music as much as some of the others.

@lopatka - Well yeah it's very OBIVIOUS that not a lot of people go there. BUT what about all the ppl that read them? Or the ones that have been on there? Ok, I can see that maybe ppl who read them are just wondering if maybe songs have been translated or not. But the ones that have been there and translated stuff. What gets me about them is it seems like pretty much all of them have not been active for MONTHS! And that just a few months or so ago they were replying to threads within like days. But now it just seems like over night it all just went dead. Dunno...

7. Mortipede said:

I can't promise it to be true for every time, but I will be trying to translate czech songs and cheking this forum at least once a day from now

8. Grind138 said:

Well that's good to know Mortipede! Although the stuff I have here (which some has still not been done) is in Slovak. If you know that well enough, I know you know it at least some, since Slovak and Czech are still "mutually intelligible" .

9. Mortipede said:

Yes it is but there are many words in slovak, that I don't really know how to translate them

pippirrup said:

[QUOTE=TheNuttyOne;653598]Maybe their music is just TERRIBLE, this is a music forum after all [/QUODamn,
    you don't no nothin conceited American, check out "Mam jednu ruku dlouhou" on youtube to name only one awesome Czech song!
    remember 'bout adding to my reputation;>

Gil said:

Another Slovenian here, so maybe I could help revive this thing a bit?

12. CursedWithYourLove said:

czech czech a proč u nás nemluvíme po našem?

guys ill be trying to translate ur songs, sorry for my english >.<

and gogo and check "škwor - amerika" xD

13. Grind138 said:

Ah don't sweat it Mortipede, I've actually got some CD's that are in Czech as well as in Slovak. So I may need your services some time . But the two main groups I'm jamming to are Slovak. Appreciate your eagerness though! haha.

I don't know of anything Slovenian Gil, but glad to see you keeping this thing alive anyway haha! :-) Yeah pippirrup, there are definitely some awesome Slovak and Czech tunes!

Haha, wow Cursed. Was that a joke? With the "czech czech" thing? Like "check check"? Haha! What was that question? You got me curious! I'm glad you'll be helping with translating the ditties! Oh, but not sure what that last part means... haha

Janeey said:

I'm gonna try to translate too..

I'm from Slovakia, but can very well speak Czech as well so there won't be a problem.. I've had no idea that here's also Slovak/Czech lyrics translation!.. oops..

a pome po našom, šak čo..
    It's not a dream unless you chase after it..