Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Fairouz - Ana la habibi [*]

  1. #1
    Junior Member Justmeish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Fairouz - Ana la habibi [*]

    I've just discovered Fairouz, am deliriously happy with her music, but need some help finding an english translation for this song. I do have the arabic lyrics (at least, I am pretty sure this is the right song).

    Any help with translation to english would be very much appreicated.


    أنا لحبيبي وحبيبي إلي
    يا عصفورة بيضا لا بقى تسألي
    لا يعتب حدا ولا يزعل حدا
    أنا لحبيبي وحبيبي إلي
    حبيبي ندهني قللي الشتي راح
    ورجعت اليمامة وزهّر التفاح
    وأنا على بابي الندي والصباح
    وبعيونِك ربيعي نوّر وحلي
    وندهني حبيبي جيت بلا سؤال
    من نومي سرقني من راحة البال
    وأنا على دربو ودربو ع الجمال
    يا شمس المحبة حكايتنا اغزلي
    A symphony of aching produced is beauty over music stopped.

  2. #2
    Senior Member gbasfora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 371 Times in 275 Posts

  3. #3
    Syrian-Turkish Moderator LoOlya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks
    435
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 1,055 Posts

    Hey !
    well it's hard a little bit, because it's like a poem, but I tried my best !

    أنا لحبيبي وحبيبي إلي
    ana la 7abeeby o 7abeeby ely
    I'm for my lover, and my lover is mine
    يا عصفورة بيضا لا بقى تسألي
    ya 3assfoura bayda, la ba2a tes2aly
    Oh white bird, stop asking
    لا يعتب حدا ولا يزعل حدا
    la ye3tab 7ada, wala yez3al 7ada
    no blame, no sadness
    أنا لحبيبي وحبيبي إلي
    ana la 7abeeby o 7abeeby ely
    I'm for my lover, and my lover is mine

    حبيبي ندهني قللي الشتي راح
    7abeeby nadahni 2alle el shete ra7
    my lover called me, and said " the winter has gone"
    ورجعت اليمامة وزهّر التفاح
    o rej3et el yamameh, zahhar el tefa7
    and the dove came, and the blooms of apple have grown
    وأنا على بابي الندي والصباح
    o ana 3ala baby, el-nede o el-saba7
    and I'm beside my door, the dew and morning
    وبعيونِك ربيعي نوّر وحلي
    o be-3younak rabee3y nawwar o 7elii
    and my spring became lighter and more beautiful in your eyes

    وندهني حبيبي جيت بلا سؤال
    o nadahni 7abeeby, jeet bla sou2al
    and my lover called me, and i came without a question
    من نومي سرقني من راحة البال
    men nawmi sara2ni, men ra7et el-bal
    he stole me from sleeping, and from the comfort
    وأنا على دربو ودربو ع الجمال
    o ana 3ala darbo, o darbo 3a el-jamal
    and I'm on his way, and his way is beauty
    يا شمس المحبة حكايتنا اغزلي
    ya shams el-ma7abbe 7kayetna ghzelii
    oh the sun of love (???) our love
    Last edited by LoOlya; 10-31-2009 at 02:09 AM.
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    To be or to be ? It depends
    Boşlar bunlar hepsi bahane halim ne kötü ne şahaneee!!

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoOlya For This Useful Post:
    gbasfora (10-31-2009),Justmeish (10-31-2009),Layla (10-31-2009),Nicolemichelle (01-05-2010)

  5. #4
    Senior Member gbasfora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 371 Times in 275 Posts

    Thank you LoOlya.
    Maybe the last verse can be translated in that way :

    يا شمس المحبة حكايتنا اغزلي
    ya shams el-ma7abbe 7kayetna ghzelii
    Oh sun of love/kind sun make happy our (love) story

    What do you think ?

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to gbasfora For This Useful Post:
    Justmeish (10-31-2009)

  7. #5
    Syrian-Turkish Moderator LoOlya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks
    435
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 1,055 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gbasfora View Post
    Thank you LoOlya.
    Maybe the last verse can be translated in that way :

    يا شمس المحبة حكايتنا اغزلي
    ya shams el-ma7abbe 7kayetna ghzelii
    Oh sun of love/kind sun make happy our (love) story

    What do you think ?
    You're welcome gbasfora !

    ghzelii
    actually means tailor\tailoring, so maybe it will be
    oh the sun of love tailor our (love) story
    so maybe here she means ( she is saying to the sun of love "oh sun, please tailor our love story to be bigger and nicer for ever)

    don't know ! i said what I've realized !
    any other opinions ?!
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    To be or to be ? It depends
    Boşlar bunlar hepsi bahane halim ne kötü ne şahaneee!!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to LoOlya For This Useful Post:
    Justmeish (10-31-2009)

  9. #6
    Senior Member gbasfora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 371 Times in 275 Posts

    I was thinking about the song bint el shalabyeh for Fairouz :

    و سمعني غناني يا عيوني و أتغزل فيا

  10. #7
    Syrian-Turkish Moderator LoOlya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks
    435
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 1,055 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gbasfora View Post
    I was thinking about the song bint el shalabyeh for Fairouz :

    و سمعني غناني يا عيوني و أتغزل فيا
    lol ah, here it means flirt me !
    but in this song, it's different !
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    To be or to be ? It depends
    Boşlar bunlar hepsi bahane halim ne kötü ne şahaneee!!

  11. #8
    Junior Member Justmeish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LoOlya View Post
    Hey !
    well it's hard a little bit, because it's like a poem, but I tried my best !
    Thank you so so very much. I looked for hours trying to find the lyrics to this one. The only thing I found was the first line, which someone had translated to "I belong to my love, my love belongs to me."

    (Thank you also gbasfora. I wish I could have watched the utube video, but unfortunately my computer is too old and slow.)
    A symphony of aching produced is beauty over music stopped.

  12. #9
    Senior Member gbasfora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 371 Times in 275 Posts

    You are welcome. Just click the thank you button under the Loolya's post in case you want to thank her

    almost all fairouz lyrics can be found here :

    http://www.folklorelibanes.com.ar/sh...p?t=107&page=2

  13. #10
    Syrian-Turkish Moderator LoOlya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks
    435
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 1,055 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Justmeish View Post
    Thank you so so very much. I looked for hours trying to find the lyrics to this one. The only thing I found was the first line, which someone had translated to "I belong to my love, my love belongs to me."

    (Thank you also gbasfora. I wish I could have watched the utube video, but unfortunately my computer is too old and slow.)
    You're most welcome !

    @gbasfora : Shokran for your link, but I couldn't see anything inside it !
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    To be or to be ? It depends
    Boşlar bunlar hepsi bahane halim ne kötü ne şahaneee!!

  14. #11
    Senior Member gbasfora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 371 Times in 275 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LoOlya View Post
    You're most welcome !

    @gbasfora : Shokran for your link, but I couldn't see anything inside it !
    it's very weird......i've checked the link right now and it's working good. there are inside it the list of all songs for fairouz and the albums. Let's wait for the answer of another members. Maybe the problem is the configuration of your pc ...well I don't know.

    The youtube link is also working good

  15. #12
    Syrian-Turkish Moderator LoOlya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks
    435
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 1,055 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gbasfora View Post
    it's very weird......i've checked the link right now and it's working good. there are inside it the list of all songs for fairouz and the albums. Let's wait for the answer of another members. Maybe the problem is the configuration of your pc ...well I don't know.

    The youtube link is also working good
    Ah no, I can see the link, but I mean the lyrics or the translation !
    i can only see the list of songs, but when i click on one of them, i can't see the lyrics\translation !

    check this link out >> Here
    I only can see squares ! :\
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    To be or to be ? It depends
    Boşlar bunlar hepsi bahane halim ne kötü ne şahaneee!!

  16. #13
    Senior Member gbasfora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 371 Times in 275 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LoOlya View Post
    Ah no, I can see the link, but I mean the lyrics or the translation !
    i can only see the list of songs, but when i click on one of them, i can't see the lyrics\translation !

    check this link out >> Here
    I only can see squares ! :\
    I see....the problem is the configuration. Click on "exhibit/display" then click on "codification" then click on "more" and finally click on "arabic windows". Now you will be able to see the lyrics in arabic.

    Good luck

  17. #14
    Syrian-Turkish Moderator LoOlya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks
    435
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 1,055 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gbasfora View Post
    I see....the problem is the configuration. Click on "exhibit/display" then click on "codification" then click on "more" and finally click on "arabic windows". Now you will be able to see the lyrics in arabic.

    Good luck
    Ahhh, It's ok now, thanks !
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    To be or to be ? It depends
    Boşlar bunlar hepsi bahane halim ne kötü ne şahaneee!!

  18. #15
    Senior Member gbasfora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 371 Times in 275 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LoOlya View Post
    Ahhh, It's ok now, thanks !
    You are always welcome LoOlya

Similar Threads

  1. Fairouz - Sa2ltak Habibi
    By Persiana in forum Arabic lyrics translation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 05:02 AM
  2. arabic translations pleaseee
    By xexplizitbeautyx in forum Arabic lyrics translation
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 07:21 AM
  3. Abdel Halim Hafez - Zay el hawa [*]
    By enta7ayate in forum Arabic lyrics translation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 10:33 PM
  4. Mohammed Hamaki - Leah Ya Habibi & Soultan gmalak
    By oozgee in forum Arabic lyrics translation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 10:20 AM
  5. Fairouz - Biktub ismak ya habibi
    By gbasfora in forum Arabic lyrics translation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 06:00 AM

Posting Permissions