words urgently needed

Thread: words urgently needed

Tags: None
  1. rufus-alfie said:

Unhappy words urgently needed

Im getting married soon, & looking for this song to sing at my wedding, but dont now all the words,please help me!This is what I know.....Till the stars forget to shine,you'll be forever in this heart of mine, till autumn leaves no longer fall, you'll be my life, my love, my all. Till rivers cease to flow, you'll be the only love, I'll ever know,& i'll be yours & you'll be mine until the stars forget to shine, it was a very old song my Dad sang to me as a child, but unfortunatly noone can remember the rest of it...please please someone help me.

2. clairethestar said:

I think its by Leslie 'hutch' hutchinson from 1944, but couldnt find it anywhere? hope u hav better luck.
    Last edited by clairethestar; 03-04-2006 at 08:03 AM.

3. rufus-alfie said:

hiya clairethestar, cant find it anywhere,this forum was my last hope! but thanks anyway

4. tanya_l2004 said:

Default This may be a bit late but..

When my English grandfather was serving in the navy, he courted my Australian Grandmother by writing a line from that song at the end of each letter he sent her. She had never heard it sung properly until we had it recorded 5 years ago for their 60th Wedding Anniversary. Pop died a few days ago. Nan sang it to him to say goodbye. We got the sheet music from a music museum. I am sorry I didn't see this post earlier.

Till stars forget to Shine by Joe Lubin, Sonny Miller and Hugh Charles.

How long is forever
    Longer than we can say
    But I'll love you forever and a day

Till stars forget to shine
    You'll forever be in this heart of mine
    Till autumn leaves no longer fall
    You'll be my life, my love, my all
    Till rivers cease to flow
    You'll be the only love I'll ever know
    And life will be a dream devine
    Until the stars forget to shine

With you I'll never fear
    The hour before the dawn.
    With you I'll greet the sun
    As each new day is born.
    And as our dream grows old
    We'll tell the sweetest story ever told
    For I am yours and you are mine
    Until the stars forget to shine.

5. rufus-alfie said:

Tanya...how can I ever thank you...this is ''THE SONG'' I cant believe you have the words of it...i am just over the moon! Thank you..now all I need is the ''air of the second verse.hehe.I am so sorry you lost your darling grandfather,I am sure he must have been a wonderful man,& very much in love with your nan,if he sang songs like that to her. Thank you so very much.Marguerite