Im looking for french love/ wedding songs

Thread: Im looking for french love/ wedding songs

Tags: None
  1. Princesa_020 said:

Default Im looking for french love/ wedding songs

Something like Charles Aznavour. THX =]

Tom-Scott Gordon said:

Default sexy french songs

The minute you say "wedding," I say "run," but not becuse I wouldn't want to be highly entertained where I to attended one. That 'experience' was, for me, just like attending my own funeral, but damned if I didn't try it -twice!

Not to compete with your quintessential 'Romantic' archetype, I would hope that you could spice up that party with some really 'hip' contemporary stuff as well. I know of lots of 'pretty' songs, but the lyrics may well be X-rated for all I might know. One, Vincent Delerm, would make you laugh, at first, but he ad his wife's duets would make fantastic introductory background music.

A really really pretty one to consider is:

Nel Curore Lei, by Andrea Bocelli & Eros Ramazotta.

IMHO, some of their major EU - (Itlian) 'crossover acts' are all guaranteed "show stoppers" in a case like this. Much of their best stuff was done live, 'in ensemble.' Anything by these folks will do:

Amel Bent, Amélie Veille, Linda Lemay, Helene Segara, Garou, Jean-Jacques Goldman, Pascal Obispo, Patricia Kass, Natasha St-Pierre, Faudel, Isabel Boulay, Laura Pausini, Lara Fabian, Lulu Santos, Axell Red and Zazi.

(I could probably think of 40 more plus another 30 in Canada alone.)

But, if you are talking about a youth RECEPTION, start with something like this:
    Mon Manege A Moi *** by, Etienne Daho.

or step it up a nothch, and let people know you plan to let the house rock:
    Tomber * Gérald De Palmas (rock ballads & dance).

and... Alain Bashung, Alain Souchon, Alex Britti, Alizee, Benjamin Biolay, Cali, Charles Dube, Chimene Badi, Christophe Mae, Coeur de Pirate, Julien Dore, les Rita Mitsouko, Pauline, Pauline Croze, Yannick Noah, ...
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

(Whatever you do, don't play too many like 'La Boheme,' or (gasp!) Carla Bruni, -she's just become too cliche!)