Thread: Learning Egyptian dialect

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZAREK2581 View Post
    Comes from verb naama=to sleep

The example given is an "active participle" ,this is what the Egyptian do a lot in their dialect.

Enjoy
    so there is na2eem and what means na2am?

Thanks

Default I'm back to bother you all

please translate whats in blue , here is the track to listen to
    http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/84200/module%202

Sorah 3iliya

met7at,
    boos sorah elitna fe eed, helwa ezzay, enta bardo fe sorat elitkom fe el 3eed

Mr. ah ta3ban. Boosee dee akher sorah lel eila, shofy helwa ezzay

Mrs. Ah saheeh, tayeb ouly meen elly 3a2da fee el nos el kanaba w labsa nadara w maska koobait lemon fe edhal yameen

Mr. ah wa hta eidha ala keet fee geedaty anayat? De tayta 3afaf, momit mama w shofy geedaty anayat sakta zzay mabtklmsh khales ashan tayta 3afaf mabtskoosh abadan

Ms. w meen sana eed al kanaba w labes nadara w masik koobya ala yameen teta 3afaf

Mr. da gedy wheeb abo mama w 3arafa b kalim meen? Tanta jihan khaltee heya 3dah ala shemlo fe korsee fotek kbeer

MS. w meen 3a2d osad tanta jihan ala fotet tany w masik ktab?

mr. da ya sitee khaly ragee, howa bshtagel mohamee w bytkalim dayman ma3 3ame fo3ad , akhoo baba an el qanoon w siyasa, shyfa 3amee fo3ad 3a2d ala shimalo w masik koobayt shay btaytoo w mabsoot gedan men kalam

ms. tayeb fayn 3ametk . Howa baba ma3andosh banat

mr. laa ta3ban ando... amety rageya , bs heya safrt ma3 gozha ila kuwait w geedy mortada, abo baba byzorhom henak delwa2ty ashan byhed awlad amatee w aiz yshofhom w y3a2d ma3hom.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlaam View Post
    please translate whats in blue , here is the track to listen to
    http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/84200/module%202

Sorah 3iliya

met7at,
    boos sorah elitna fe eed, helwa ezzay, enta bardo fe sorat elitkom fe el 3eed
    med7at (it's name)
    boos soret 3eltna fe el 3eed 7elwa ezay, enta bardo btsawar 3iltkom fe el 3eed?
    look how pretty is our family photo in the feast, do you take photo for your family in feast?
    Mr. ah ta3ban. Boosee dee akher sorah lel eila, shofy helwa ezzay
    yes sure, look, this is the last photo for the family, can you see how it's pretty
    Mrs. Ah saheeh, tayeb ouly meen elly 3a2da fee el nos el kanaba w labsa nadara w maska koobait lemon fe edhal yameen
    yes right, ok tell me who is this who sit in the mid of the sofa and wear glasses and in hold a lemon juice cup in her left hand?
    Mr. ah wa hta eidha ala keet fee geedaty anayat? De tayta 3afaf, momit mama w shofy geedaty anayat sakta zzay mabtklmsh khales ashan tayta 3afaf mabtskoosh abadan
    ah w 7ata edeha 3ala ketf gedety 3nayat!, de teta 3afaf, mamet mama w shofy geedaty 3nayat sakta ezay mabtetklmsh khales 3shan teta 3afaf mabtskotsh abdan
    yes, and she put her hand on grandma 3nayat's shoulder!. she is grandma 3afaf, my mother's mother, and look grandma 3nayat how she don't talk cause grandma 3afaf don't stop talking
    Ms. w meen sana eed al kanaba w labes nadara w masik koobya ala yameen teta 3afaf
    w meen saned edo 3al kanba w labes nadara w masik koobaya 3ala ymeen teta 3afaf?
    and who this who puts his hand over the sofa and wear glasses and hold cup on the right of grandma 3afaf?
    Mr. da gedy wheeb abo mama w 3arafa b kalim meen? Tanta jihan khaltee heya 3dah ala shemlo fe korsee fotek kbeer
    da gedy waheeb, abo mama w 3arfa byklem meen? tant jihan khalti, hya a3da 3alla shmalo f korsy el foteh el kbeer
    he is my grandfather waheeb, my mother's father and do you know to who he was speaking? aunt jihan, she was sit on his left on the big chair
    MS. w meen 3a2d osad tanta jihan ala fotet tany w masik ktab?
    w meen 2a3ed osad tant jihan 3la el foteh el tany w masek ktab?
    and who is that who sit in front of aunt jihan on the other chair and hold a book?
    mr. da ya sitee khaly ragee, howa bshtagel mohamee w bytkalim dayman ma3 3ame fo3ad , akhoo baba an el qanoon w siyasa, shyfa 3amee fo3ad 3a2d ala shimalo w masik koobayt shay btaytoo w mabsoot gedan men kalam
    da ya sity khaly ragee, howa byshta3'al mo7amy w bytklem dayman ma3 3amy fo2ad, "akho baba" 3an el qanoon w el syasa, shayfa 3amy fo2ad 2a3ed 3ala shmalo w masek kobayt shay bta3to w mabsot gedan men el kalam
    when we talk to someone near to us we say ya sedy (male) ya sety (female)
    but originally it's mean grand(father and mother)
    he is my uncle ragee, he working as a lawyer, always he talks to my uncle fouad "my father's brother" about law and politics, can you see my uncle fouad he is sitting on his left and hold his cup of tea and so happy from the speech
    ms. tayeb fayn 3ametk . Howa baba ma3andosh banat
    tayeb feen 3ametak? howa baba ma3ndhosh ekhwat banat
    ok, where is your aunt? you father don't have sisters?
    mr. laa ta3ban ando... amety rageya , bs heya safrt ma3 gozha ila kuwait w geedy mortada, abo baba byzorhom henak delwa2ty ashan byhed awlad amatee w aiz yshofhom w y3a2d ma3hom.

laa tab3an 3ando. 3amet-y rageya, bs hya safret ma3 gozha el kuwait, w geedy mortada, "abo baba" byzorhom henak delwa2ty 3shan by7eb awlad 3amet-y w 3aiez yshofhom w y3yed m3ahom
    noo, sure he have. my aunt rageya, but she traveled with her husband to kuwait, and my grandfather mortada"my father's father" visit them now cause he loves her children and he wants to spend the feast with them

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eso For This Useful Post:
    Ahlaam (03-05-2011),aila (03-05-2011),CZAREK2581 (03-05-2011),Daydream (03-05-2011),Layla (03-05-2011),songlover26 (03-07-2011),VivaPalestina (03-05-2011)

Thanks

How can I show shock and then say "Wow who is this beautiful girl?" - meen el bent gameela de?

Thanks

How can I show shock and then say "Wow who is this beautiful girl?" - meen el bent gameela de?
    maybe: wallah wallah meen hada bent gameela?

Thanks

shock cause she is beautiful?? you can say: mashallah
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,675 Posts

You could say eh el gamal da - what is this beauty?
    Or following on from what you wrote, just a tiny correction, meen el bent el gameela de?

ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Thanks

i would say that

meen al-mozza dee?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CZAREK2581 For This Useful Post:
    Ahlaam (03-05-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZAREK2581 View Post
    i would say that

meen al-mozza dee?
    Some Egyptian friends said mozza isnt polite word. I dont know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    You could say eh el gamal da - what is this beauty?
    Or following on from what you wrote, just a tiny correction, meen el bent el gameela de?
    Coolio. I thought only the classical arabic we had to insert el and in the dialect we didnt have to. Thank you for correction.

ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Thanks

Yeap u must be carefull with this word,However it is good to know that also

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CZAREK2581 For This Useful Post:
    Ahlaam (03-05-2011)

Thanks

I dont understand nearly all of this. http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/84230/11

W noayr kateer fee London

w moad el warag dee? Mish mumkin tetghayr?

La wallahi lel asef, de moed sho3'el w awlad kateer ma3 naas, mish 3arif 3amel eih. W ma3andish mowazfeen
    sa3odiny warai sho3'el kateer awee

w ana kaman, odam forsat sho3'el 7elwa fe landon w 3'aliban keda hat a5er awee , w hat rohee el forsa
    ana dayman keda, ma3andish haz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A7lam
    I hate this word

Coolio. I thought only the classical arabic we had to insert el and in the dialect we didnt have to. Thank you for correction.
    Nope, arabic is weird in the way you have to identify both articles, al walad al gameel, el tawla el 7amra etc, whereas for other languages only one the is sufficient

Thanks

Viva you hate that word?? .... I dont know why but I like it .. some egyptian friends calls me meksikya mozza

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,199 Posts

Whats na3eem mean? sleep?
    Na3eem is a name

or there's the phrase "jannat el na3eem" meaning "gardens of bliss"

unless they meant na3eeman which means "living in bliss" it is said usually when someone shaves or showers.. and the response to that is Allah yen3am 3alaik/3alaiki where you wish God give them the same in return lol

I hope that's what you were looking for
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    Viva you hate that word?? .... I dont know why but I like it .. some egyptian friends calls me meksikya mozza
    omg I have to admit I used to HAAAAATE it when I first heard it because I was like why are all these guys calling me a banana? then when I picked up on slang lol I thought it's funny

@ Ahlaam some people consider it impolite because it means a hot/sexy girl and hmm we're not very casual with going around telling girls they're hot and sexy.. it's considered rude and impolite lol

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Daydream For This Useful Post:
    Zahra2008 (03-05-2011)

Thanks

Allah! meen el bet el amar di?

lol there's tons of ways you can express it.. that's why Arabic is fun

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Daydream For This Useful Post:
    Ahlaam (03-06-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream View Post
    omg I have to admit I used to HAAAAATE it when I first heard it because I was like why are all these guys calling me a banana? then when I picked up on slang lol I thought it's funny

@ Ahlaam some people consider it impolite because it means a hot/sexy girl and hmm we're not very casual with going around telling girls they're hot and sexy.. it's considered rude and impolite lol
    here in Mexico is very normal hearing guys telling girls they are hot/sexy/pretty/etc ... so for me is not rude or impolite, besides, I'm used to it!! hehehe

Thanks

I dont understand nearly all of this. http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/84230/11
    Yaaah! el tayara hatet2akher talat sa3at w ana waraya mawa3eed kteer awi fi London
    Ohhh! The plane is having a 3 hour delay and I have so many appointments in London

Wel mawa3eed eli warak di msh momken tetghayar
    And these appointments you have, thay cannot be changed?

La wallahi lel asaf di mawa3eed shoghl w fiha mo2abalat kteer ma3 nas, msh 3aref e3mel eih, w ma3andish mwazafeen ta7t eedi ysa3dooni, w waraya shoghl kteer awi
    No, unfortunately not, they're work related and there are many meetings with people, I don't know what to do, I don't have a staff to help me out, and I have so much work to do

W ana kman 2odami forset shoghl 7elwa fi London w ghaleban keda hat2akhar awi w 7atrou7 elforsa, ana dayman keda ma3andish 7az
    Me too, I have an opportunity at a great job in London, and unfortunately seems I'm going to be very late and I'm going to miss the opportunity, I never have any luck

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daydream For This Useful Post:
    Eso (03-06-2011),VivaPalestina (03-06-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    ya a7la warde inti :* mmmm no sé pero no me gusta I mean I know most of my friends hate it too, but I've never asked an Egyptian girl what she thinks of it Maybe to them its different, but like Dreamy said, normally you'd be called it when someone is flirting with you...and my immediate reaction is ldrolleyesmiley: get a life So I'm biased

On a random sidenote hermosa, shouldnt it be 'mozza meksikya'? Porque description comes after noun si? Like 'pez rojo'?

Page 164 of 331 FirstFirst ... 64114154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174214264 ... LastLast