Macbard said:

Default Annett – All Tagsleben Einer Mutter

Hello
    Posted for corrections Thanks Tahira
    Many new things to learn from this one
    To listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxnm6tlUWF4

Annett – All Tagsleben Einer Mutter
    Everyday life of a mother

Halb sechs schreckt dich der Wecker auf, und ein neuer Tag nimmt seinen Lauf.
    Kaffeewasser angesetzt, und kein Brot - mal schnell zum Bäcker gewetzt. Eier kochen, Stullen schmieren, und die Hausaufgaben des Jungen kontrollieren, 'ne Unterschrift in Bio bei Dr. Kaul - Hey Sohnemann du bist zu faul.

Half past 5 on the clock startles you, and a new day takes its course (is off and running?). Prepare the coffee, and no bread, quickly run at once to the baker, cook eggs, butter/spread the sandwiches, check the homework of the boys, a signature in the Bio next to Dr. Kaul – Hey junior you are too lazy

Mama sein ist schwer - an manchen Tagen wirklich sehr. Ganztagsjob und jeder kommt zu dir an, ob ich mal - helfen kann.

Being Mama is difficult – on some days really much. All day job
    And everyone depends on you, whether I sometimes – can help.

Die Kleine schon nach Mama schreit - und zum Windeln wechseln, nehm ich mir die Zeit. Licht an, und schnell das Kind schnapp - dein Mann brubbelt: "Hab ich Zeit, oder ist knapp?" Bevor der sich am Morgen mal so bewegt, hat sich meine Welt schon dreimal gedreht.

The little one already cries for Mama – and to the diapers to change,
    I take my time. Turn the light on and quickly grab the child – your husband mumbles: “Have I time or is it short/too late?” before he so much as moves once in the morning, my world has spun around three times.

Langsam trudeln alle in der Küche ein. So chaotisch kann's auch nur bei uns zu Hause sein. Der Herr Sohn hat seine dreckige Spielhose an, daß der am frühen Morgen nicht richtig gucken kann. Deine Tochter spuckt sich Kakao ins Kleid, und dir läuft weg die pure Zeit.

Slowly everyone rolls into the kitchen. So chaotic it can be only at our house. The son has his dirty play trousers on, that this early in the morning cannot look proper. Your daughter spits chocolate on the dress and to you the pure time runs away.

Mama sein ist schwer - an manchen Tagen wirklich sehr. Ganztagsjob und jeder kommt zu dir an, ob ich mal - helfen kann.

Dein Mann nimmt den großen zur Schule mit, der ist zwar mistig, aber trotzdem chic. Deine Tochter lächelnd im Stühlchen sitzt - und erst mal mit der Kaffeesahne spritzt. Wo ist meine Hose und mein buntes Hemd? Ach ne, das hab ich ja gestern Anja geschenkt. Im Trockner finde ich ein knittriges Kleid - ja auch egal, ich hab keine Zeit.

Your husband takes the oldest/biggest to school, that is indeed lousy, but nevertheless chic. Your daughter smiling sits on the stool and only once splatters with the coffee cream. Where are my pants and my colorful shirt? Oh, that one I gave Anja yesterday. In the dryer I find a wrinkled dress – doesn’t matter, I have no time.

Die Kleine schreit, will keine Mütze. Und vorm Haus liegt sie in der ersten Pfütze. Da ist sie endlich angeschnallt - und die Autotür ins Schloß hart knallt. Du bringst sie zur Krippe unten am Hafen, der Erzieher grinst: Na wieder verschlafen? Der hat gut lachen, geht früh aus dem Haus. Doch ich bin ‘ne Frau, mein Leben sieht stressiger aus.

The little one crying wants no hat. And in front of the house it (the hat) lies in the first puddle. There she is finally buckled in – and the car door slams shut. You bring her to the day nursery down at the port, the nursery nurse smiles: Well! Oversleep again? He has a good laugh, leave early from the house. Though I am a wife, my life appears more stressful.

Wieder daheim - erst mal die Betten gemacht, gespült und das Bad wieder mal ne heile Pracht. Ein Mottenhaufen von Nachbars Wiese, und: "Lisa ist doof", steht mit Zahnpasta an der Fliese. Das Telefon reißt dich aus deinen Putzräumen - dein Mann sagt: Du sollst die Termine nicht versäumen, zur Versicherung, Anwalt und Notar - natürlich Schatz, dafür bin ich ja da.

Again at home – for the moment the beds made, washed and the bathroom in an ideal state. A crowd of moths from the neighbor’s lawn, and “Lisa is stupid”, stands with toothpaste on the floor tile. The phone pulls you from your cleaning – your husband says: You should not miss the appointments, for the insurance, lawyer and notary public – of course sweetheart, that’s why I’m here.

Wenn ich noch mal leb, dann nur als Mann - das schwör ich, weil man da viel einfacher leben kann. Geh morgens ins Büro hinein - und muß abends nur für'n paar Stunden Papa sein. Krieg mein Essen dann noch hingestellt - und hab für so wahnsinnig viele Sachen Zeit. Versteh gar nicht, meine Frau sieht so fertig aus - die geht ja gar nicht arbeiten, ist den ganzen Tag zu Hause.

If I once again live, then only as a man – this I swear, because one can live much simpler then. Go in the morning to the office - and has only for a few hours in the evening to be Papa/Dad. Get my food! then still arranges – and has time for so incredibly many things. Understand not at all, (why) my wife looks so done in – who doesn’t even go to work, is at home all day.

Deshalb: Was Eure Frauen so leisten, es sieht nur immer so einfach aus. Das ist einfach jahrelanges Training, daß sie fertig werden mit Kind, Mann und Haus.

Therefore: What your wives so accomplish, it invariably only looks so easy. That is simply years of (HaHa! on the job-just my comment) training, that they completed with child, husband and home.

Last edited by Macbard; 12-12-2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: corrections
    Wenn man dem Hass freien Lauf läßt, wird er die Seele von innen zerstören.

Tahira said:

* - forged signature? because work not done and so lazy and/or phony?

** - Brubbelt = brüllt = yells/roars ?/couldn’t find this word
    I know this word as Brabbeln which means as mauch as "to mumble"

*** - Mottenhaufen? Not sure what this means here.
    A crowd of Moths

The rest is quite OK, but maybe Steena nd Cosmonaut can also look over it, I found out they are more careful than me concrtning grammar and use of times.

Macbard said:

Hi Tahira,
    thanks for the help.

** - Brubbelt = brüllt = yells/roars ?/couldn’t find this word
    I know this word as Brabbeln which means as mauch as "to mumble"
    It is spelled, as I had it, on the lyrics which go with the CD and it sounds to me as if she pronounces it with a "u". I don't know Brabbeln fits though. I have to remember to try substituting the vowel in the future. I just tried looking for the "bru" words.

See you, George
    Wenn man dem Hass freien Lauf läßt, wird er die Seele von innen zerstören.

Tahira said:

Hi Macbard,
    if they wrote BRUBBELN in the lyrics, maybe its the way they say it in the region the singer comes from. You know, like dialect.

No matter if U or A, we have found out the right meaning.

Greetins from Germany
    Tahira