Unknown Christmas Song

Thread: Unknown Christmas Song

Tags: None
  1. wiggins1982 said:

Default Unknown Christmas Song

Hi

My dad recorded a song off the radio many many moons ago, and my whole family is going nuts trying to find out what it is. I only have one very muffled version, with a missing start and end. It's all about believeing in Santa. It's sung by a male artist with some children as backing singers and some quite distinctive drum parts. Please help! Thanks!

The lyrics I know are:

*Missing start*
    You can believe it if you try.

In the middle of November
    In a land all full of snow
    Santa’s busy reading lots of letters
    Making sure the toys know where to go.

Chorus:
    Do you believe in Father Christmas?
    Do you believe in Santa Claus?
    Look up in the sky, see the reindeer flying by.

Cowboy suits and action soldiers
    Talking dolls and cuddly toys.
    Santa’s buys wrapping all the presents
    *Unknown lyrics* with girls and boys.

Chorus

Really believe it if you…
    You can believe it if you try
    Look up in the sky see the reindeer flying by

Can you hear the sleigh bells ringing?
    *Missing end*

2. wiggins1982 said:

Giving it a bump -

also looking for a version of "In the Bleak Mid Winter" but with an unknown artist. It's in quite a high key, I think it;s a boy singing and my dad thinks it's a woman! It has quite a pronounced keyboard backing track.Cheers!

3. wurzlsepp said:

I came across of this thread by a detour through the Watzatsong site, where the same song is requested. I found a record that would match eventually. It' s the b-side named 'Uncle John - Do You Believe In Father Christmas'. Have a look: http://www.amazon.de/MERRY-CHRISTMAS.../dp/B00461QARG

4. wiggins1982 said:

OMG! That's amazing! the other request on the other site was made by my dad! LOL

We'll grab a copy and let you know if it's the right one.... THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by wurzlsepp View Post
    I came across of this thread by a detour through the Watzatsong site, where the same song is requested. I found a record that would match eventually. It' s the b-side named 'Uncle John - Do You Believe In Father Christmas'. Have a look: http://www.amazon.de/MERRY-CHRISTMAS.../dp/B00461QARG