Identify This Song - I rember the Music Video

Thread: Identify This Song - I rember the Music Video

Tags: None
  1. affenmunkEY said:

Question Identify This Song - I rember the Music Video

Hey, I'm looking for a song, it's quite calm and I saw the video not too long ago on a channel called RCKTV I think it was..

Basically the music video is set in the summer, two guys are in a car driving along and they keep on picking up girls along the way - They are in quite a small car, I remember they pick up somebody with a surfboard and they are pretty cramped in this small car and near the end they even pick up somebody with a motor boat, which they tag along with the car and end up sitting in the boat being pulled along, because the car is full, with an acoustic guitar singing the song.

I think the main singer had quite thick glasses on.

Hope somebody can help me find this song - I really liked it, but I can't remember the melody or anything anymore :-P

- Thanks | affenmunkEY

2. bigchair said:

hmm Rooney - Where did your heart go missing?

3. affenmunkEY said:

Nope, not it.. I think the song must be from the late 90's - 2005 or so...

4. Fence Sitter said:

Like you I remember the video, not the song.

This got a few viewings on Rage (a music program on ABC - Australia) between one to three months ago. I haven't run across it since you asked.

5. Th3Diplomat said:

was the car either a beetle or a chevy ? did they pick up a cheerleader too?
    if so i think i may remember the song

6. Fence Sitter said:

I have dug through another lot of youtube samples of songs from the rage playlist (in the end I went though almost 2 months of playlists in a methodical manner, I'd all but given up hope, I'd got to the 19th Dec playlist) around the time I thought I'd heard it. (It I wold have seen the video on ABC2, which plays a similar selection of repeats)

Nothing really came close, but I saw this group below and the bloke not wearing glasses with a beard seemed vary familiar to me and the song sample I listened to was even "guitarish " almost but not quite what I'd call acoustic guitar strumming along in the sample.

Edit, yes I can hear the acoustic guitar features heavily throughout the song.

Sadly I could not find an actual video that would load for me of their clip. (To confirm for sure)

MONSTERS OF FOLK "Say Please"
    Last edited by Fence Sitter; 01-17-2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: aditional comment.

7. affenmunkEY said:

Thanks for your help so far everybody! It's not Monsters of Folk - Say Please nor is it Rooney - Where did your heart go missing.

DJ Maxx said:

I think this is the one you want.... Release Date: September 7, 2009 (Newer than you thought)

Kings of Convenience - "Boat Behind"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pWOvqmC_9Q

9. Fence Sitter said:

Ah - that's the one I have in mind. I can stop tormenting myself now. Hopefully affenmunkEY's problem has been solved.

I started my search of playlists (of the music show I watch) a week after it was last screened.

10. affenmunkEY said:

Yeeeeeeeeeah, that's it Thanks sooo much DJ Maxx, sorry for the inappropriate writing like a twit, but I am really happy right now, listening to the song over and over :-D

Thanks, and yeah suprising how new the song actually is ^^

Thank you so much, you've made my week!

DJ Maxx said:

Yeah, all this time I was thinking older songs like maybe Nickleback or Green Day......I had something totally different in my mind. This is a great tune and video.

Glad to have made you day............and week !