Dill: Blue sky please or gumboots

Thread: Dill: Blue sky please or gumboots

Tags: None
  1. frederique said:

Default Dill: Blue sky please or gumboots

Hello everyone!

I am desperately looking for a CD or a tape from an artist called Dill... I think!
    I work in a daycare and around 8 years ago, an educator had us listen to a Dill tape and one of the songs was called Gumboots. It went something like that: I've got my gumboots on, I've got my gumboots.... then I've got my rain hat on, I've got my rain hat on...
    The children use to love Dill's songs. I have been looking everywhere for this artist, can someone help me?
    Thanks
    P.S. I think the album is called Blues sky please or gumboots.
  2. jennyjump said:

Hi, I just found this thread and I'm looking for the same thing - Music by Dill.

Can anyone help?
    Thanks so much!
    Jenn
  3. TechJess said:

I have a cassette copy of the album you're talking about, which is called "Gumboots On" by Dill. If I can find someone who has purchased one of those hideously expensive cassette-to-CD machines, I will make copies for all and sundry.

Alternately, if anyone knows how I can purchase a legitimate copy of "Gumboots On", or any of Dill's other albums (my little sister attended a day camp that Dill worked at, & I know there were other recordings), I would be very interested.

Dill lived in Nanaimo at the time, though I understand he had some personal problems and may have relocated. The contact info on the cassette is not valid any longer.

PS: my favourite song from this album: "Bubbles in the Porridge". I am 36 years old and still, no matter how bad a day I might have, hearing that song cheers me up. Of course my new car doesn't have a cassette deck, so I have to sing it to myself... which I can do, because I played it so many times