هم ما هم و من غزلنا يكسى القمر
    العذارى حوله في الربى عقد شرر
    ضحكة طافرة و نشيد في الأثر
    و المساء المنتحي بعد هاتيك الصور
    ذاهل شال به صوتنا المختكر
    و الروابي نهضت فوق تجوال النظر
    يا ترى العمر قمر

incriptedtruth said:

ahhh meybuse No doubt this is a challenging text..however it can't be just traslated as it is without explaining what it is all about..because of the complicated structure of the poem..
    i really dont know who wrote it..
    i've read it about 30 times ever since u asked me to translate it..so i will just start by explananing the meaning behind it..and it will need alittle time to put it in well presented english translated form..

The poem is in three parts in general about a well respected or descent person whome there have been rumors about him/her..so in the first 4 lines the poet is wondering if that person symblolised by( moon) know about those rumores been said about him/her that s/ he did this and this and this..then in the second part from line5 till7 the poet is defending this person( moon) by refering to his manners ..at the last part he describes the astonishment that occured as a result of those rumores amongest the people who are close to ( moon) ending up the poem with a wonderng question, is the rumore right or ( Moon) is as we know him..

it is a symbolic poem with a lot of symblism personificationsand analogies and honestly it could be interpreted in different ways( depends on which angel you are looking at it from) and that is a characteristic of the symblic school of poetry.. but i guess what i said above is the closest meaning to it..and i already sent it some1 to check up for me..

here i will put a translation for some words with its match in arabic too

روابينا-جمع رابيه= الارض= land= روابينا= our land( it refers her to the social background or to the values that this person had been brought up to

جايلته- عاشرته-رافقته=hanged out with- spent time with- in relation with

لا تذر= لا تحصى= لا تعد=uncountable ( so many that they cant be even counted)
    المساءالمنتحي- المساءالمعزول -المساءالساكن في عزلته= night of solitude-isolated night- night of solitary

ذاهل=مذهول= متفاجئ=مصدوم=astonished- shocked-surprised
    المختكر= المخنوق=Suffocating-throttled

i will be back with translation once i finish it
    Last edited by incriptedtruth; 01-16-2010 at 12:08 AM.
    Sometimes, Silence can be so LOUD..

3. meybuse said:

would somebody plz translate this?