Solved: Unknown Christmas Instrumental

Thread: Solved: Unknown Christmas Instrumental

Tags: None
  1. waynes99 said:

Default Solved: Unknown Christmas Instrumental

Hi, I am new to this forum, as well as to its protocols, so I hope I am doing this correctly. I have been trying to identify this Christmas instrumental for over 30 years. I taped it from a Canadian radio station back in the late 70s. I listen to it every year at Christmas time, and wish that I could find the full album. Of course without the song title or orchestra, there is no way to find any album titles. I recently contacted the Canadian radio station and provided a copy of the song. Although they were very understanding, they could not provide any assistance. I seriously doubt that any of the original staff is still there. The orchestra, may or may not be Canadian as most of the Christmas music that they played was by American performers. I am providing the url to my file sharing service below, which contains the song in mp3 format. Please copy and paste it into your browser to listen to this song. I really appreciate any help that you can give me.
    Thanks, Wayne
    http://kiwi6.com/uploads/hotlink?id=mh5ax2j27r

atmaestro said:

Wild guesses:

SHEBOYGAN SOUTH HS LP "A Christmas Album"

"Winter Fairy-Tale" form the 1979 album, "Christmas Album" by Boney M.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title
  3. waynes99 said:

Hi
    Thanks for trying to help. I located that album on Ebay but it doesn't list "Winter Fairy Tale" as one of it's songs. Is there some reason you might think that this group may have produced this song? After all, even guesses are predicated on some basis in fact.
    Thanks Wayne
  4. waynes99 said:

Hi
    This is an addendum to my previous, reply post. I located Winter Fairy Tale and listened to it. It is a nice song, but not the one I am looking for. Thanks anyway.
    Wayne
  5. waynes99 said:

Hi I recently received some information that might help in identifying this song. A music dealer in Florida listened to the song and thinks it might be either Percy Faith's or Ray Conniff's orchestra. If any of you have old Christmas albums from either of these orchestras. Please see if this song is on them. I want to thank the many members who listened to my song and tried to help. Thanks
    Wayne
  6. waynes99 said:

I just want to thank the many people ( over a hundred ) who took the time to listen to my unknown Christmas instrumental. Unfortunately, the title and orchestra are still unknown to me. As a last effort, I would ask that if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can proceed with my search, please let me know as I would really appreciate it. Thanks again.
    Wayne

Dapps said:

May also be Bert Kaempfert
  8. waynes99 said:

The song is no longer unknown. Based on information received, I was looking into Percy Faith's recordings. So I contacted the official Discographer for Percy Faith's recordings, Alan Bunting in England. He said that the music had a German sound to it, and he suggested The James Last Orchestra, so I geared my search in that direction. Sure enough, I found my song on an album called "The Best Christmas" The title of the song is, " Schlittenfahrt Im Winterwald", and if my German isn't too rusty, it means, " Sleighride In Winter forest".
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to download and listen to my song. This concludes a thirty year search to solve this mystery. Perhaps if I had internet access thirty years ago it would be a different story, but I do appreciate all the help I received along the way. Thanks.
    Wayne Simon

atmaestro said:

Hooray! Glad you found it and Thanks for letting us know!
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title