Tags: None

Macbard said:

Default Annett - Heimat

Hello
    Posted for corrections
    To listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TbwK05uAo0

Annett - Heimat

[Refrain]
    Es schmerzt in dir wenn du sie mal verläßt, denn sie ist die, die sich nie von dir belügen läßt. Sie ist da, wenn du kommst nach langer Zeit heim und sie öffnet dir die Arme, nimmt dich auf, wird bei dir sein.

It hurts inside you, when you once/just leave her, because it is her, which can never be deceived by you. She is there, when you come home after a long time and she opens her arms to you, takes you in, will be with you.

Du wirst geboren in ihr und liegst in ihrem Schoß. Sie umgibt dich warm und sicher wie weiches Moos. Und ein Leben lang trägst du sie in dir und die Sehnsucht erfüllt dich, bist du nicht in ihr.

You were born in her and lie in her lap. She surrounds you warmly and safely like soft moss. And you carry her in you your whole life and the longing fills you, (if) you are not in her.

Refrain

Und egal, wie lange du auch von ihr gingst und egal, was die Zeit auch für euch beide bringt. Und egal, wo du jetzt auch immer lebst, sie fehlt dir, weil du nicht auf Heimatboden stehst.

And no matter how long (ago) you left from her and no matter, what time brings as well for you both. And no matter wherever you live, she is missing to you, because you do not stand upon home ground.

Eine Eiche hast du gepflanzt, den Tag weißt du noch genau. An seiner Größe merkst du die Zeit wie von dir vom Kind zur Frau er gedeiht in der Erde, steht wie du stark und fest, und er sich auch wie du niemals entwurzeln läßt.

You have planted an Oak tree, you still know precisely the day. At its greatness/size, you perceive the time like about yourself, from the child to the woman it prospered in the world, (it) stands like you strong and firm, and also like you, it never lets itself be uprooted.

Es schmerzt in dir, wenn du sie mal verlierst, eine totale Leere du dann in deinem Körper spürst. Dann bist du heimatlos, fühlst dich einsam, allein - welch ein warmes Gefühl, könntest du doch bei ihr sein.

It hurts inside you, when you sometimes lose her, you feel a complete emptiness then in your body. Then you are homeless, you feel lonely, alone – what a warm feeling, you could still be with her.

Und eines Tages, so hoffst du, kehrst du zu ihr zurück. Dein Haar ist grau, dein Gang nicht mehr aufrecht, nur leicht gebückt. Und auch da öffnet sie die Arme und nimmt dich selig auf, denn das ist das letzte Glied von deinem Lebenslauf.

And one day, you hope, you will return back to her, Your hair is gray, your walk no longer erect, only slightly bent down. And she opens her arms there and overjoyed takes you in, because this is the last leg of your life.

Refrain x2
    Last edited by Macbard; 01-17-2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: correction

Steena said:

... die sich nie von dir belügen läßt.
    because it is her, which can never deceive herself about you.

... can never be decieved by you

An seiner Größe merkst du die Zeit
    At his greatness/size,

As "sein" in this case is the tree and English knows no gender for things, you'd rather use "its" here. It's the same of course where "Heimat" is concerned Though I like the "her" here, it reminds me of the word "mother".
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

Macbard said:

Hello Steena
    Vielen Dank für deine Hilfe.

... die sich nie von dir belügen läßt.
    because it is her, which can never deceive herself about you.

... can never be decieved by you

I thought I had that wrong. the wording just messed my head up.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An seiner Größe merkst du die Zeit
    At his greatness/size,

As "sein" in this case is the tree and English knows no gender for things, you'd rather use "its" here. It's the same of course where "Heimat" is concerned Though I like the "her" here, it reminds me of the word "mother".

Ich habe die "sein" Wörter geändert, aber ich konnte nicht mir dazu bringen, die "Heimat" Wörter zu tun. Es würde das Herz aus dem Lied reißen. Wenn jemand nicht versteht, wenn sie dein Briefchen lesen, sie tun.

Steena said:

Ist schon gut . Alles eine Frage der Grammatik, auch das englische "he" beim Baum ist ja nicht völlig falsch.
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?