Keshilltaret e Hekalit

Thread: Keshilltaret e Hekalit

Tags: None
  1. abearzatto said:

Smile Keshilltaret e Hekalit

Hi! I am looking for the Albanian lyrics of the song called Keshilltaret e Hekalit sung in this video.
    I know it is also sung by Nertila Vreto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJqXTB5B_Ms

The lyrics should be quite precise since I need them for singing.

I'm also looking for a translation, since it is important to understand what we sing!
    Thanks in advance
    Alessandra

2. Balkaneuro said:

Hey Alessandra,

i found the lyrics to the song here they are along with my translation:

Keshilltaret e hekalit trima sot po lart tek mali ( 2x ) // the councillors of hekali, today they are brave and on the mountain top
    kembe e duar me zinxhire ku i coni mor qafire // their legs and hands bound in chains, where are you bringing them oh heathens
    Uje kerkuat uje s'u dhane tu tha buza more djale ( 2x ) // you (plural) asked for water, water they didn't give you, your lips dried up oh boy
    mbahuni trima partizane se luftoni per vatane // be strong you brave partizans, since you are fighting for your lands (lands passed down in their family)
    Xha Qerimi tha nje fjale : " qelloni more fratare" ( 2x ) // Uncle Qerim had said: "be there" (not sure what 'fratare' means)
    Nezir Pashkua tjeter djale por ata ikin nuk e qane // Nezir Pashku, is another boy, but they left him, they didn't mourn him
    Jemi trima shqipetare plumbin e presim ne balle ( 3x) // We are brave hearts, albanians, we wait for the bullet to our foreheads
    o trima flini te qete se hakun e marrin vete // oh brave ones, sleep calmly, 'cause they take the right themselves

Note: This is a traditional folk song, and specifically in this one they are referencing a certain occurrence that happened, not sure about the background of the history though sorry

3. abearzatto said:

Hello! Thanks a lot, this is very helpful!