Diana Haddad - Nagmat Sahretna

Thread: Diana Haddad - Nagmat Sahretna

Tags: None
  1. fishcakes said:

Default Diana Haddad - Nagmat Sahretna

نجمة سهرتنا

حلوه لياليكي يا أحلى نجمة بسهرتنا..
    هاتي إديكي.. تنهز الساحة بدبكتنا..
    ع دبكتنا اللبنانية.. تحلى وبتطيب الغنية..
    نغني مواويل الحنية.. ونرقص ع لحن محبتنا..
    حلو لياليكي

يا احبابي ال انتوا منّا... وأغلى منكن ما عنّا...
    ريحتكن ريحة بخّور... تراب الأرض بموطنّا...
    وبلون الزهر العتلاله... تلونتوا وتلونّا...
    يا جنوبيّ... لاقينا... يابقاعيّا... حاكينا...
    يا شمّالي يا جبليّ... غنّوا معنا غنانينا...
    لو لا عينيكن وعيون البيروتيّي ما جينا...

hi could someone help me please by translating this old song by Diana Haddad from the 1990s into english? I think its about Lebanon.

here is a link to the audio
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/ojfkay

thanks in advance if anyone can help

added
    Last edited by larosa; 08-21-2010 at 12:38 PM.

sousou said:

Your nights(those of Lebanon) are beautiful, you are the most beautiful star this night /حلوه لياليكي يا أحلى نجمة بسهرتنا..
    give me your hands and let the dancefloor rocks with DABKA(this is the traditional dance in Lebanon very rythmic and very beautiful)هاتي إديكي.. تنهز الساحة /بدبكتنا..
    ع دبكتنا اللبنانية.. تحلى وبتطيب الغن/on the sounds of our lebanese dabkaية.. the song becomes more beautiful
    let us sing tender mawaweel(this is also a kind of songs) and dance on the tunes of our love /نغني مواويل الحنية.. ونرقص ع لحن محبتنا..
    beautiful are your nightsحلو لياليكي/

dears you are part of us and we don't have dearer than you/يا احبابي ال انتوا منّا... وأغلى منكن ما عنّا...
    your smell is like bukhour(this is a kind of mixture that smells very nice)...you are our soilريحتكن ريحة بخّور... تراب الأرض بموطنّا/...
    وبلون الزهر العتلاله... تلونتوا وتلونّا...
    you southerner(lebaneese from the south) come to us...and you from the BAA5THIS IS ANOTHER AREA IN Lebanon) talk to us/يا جنوبيّ... لاقينا... يابقاعيّا... حاكينا...
    you from the north from the mountain sing with usيا شمّالي يا جبليّ... غنّوا معنا غنانينا../.
    لو لا عينيكن وعيون البيروتيّي ما جينا... /if it was not for your eyes and for those of the beirut we would never have come

sousou said:

It is known that lebanon knew a civil war and that its different classes and religious groups were in perpetual conflicts. this song and many others were made to unify the country. we can not call Lebanon a homogenuous country now but its different sects came to compromises and the situation is much more better ( but not on the political level

4. fishcakes said:

Quote Originally Posted by sousou View Post
    It is known that lebanon knew a civil war and that its different classes and religious groups were in perpetual conflicts. this song and many others were made to unify the country. we can not call Lebanon a homogenuous country now but its different sects came to compromises and the situation is much more better ( but not on the political level
    yeah its true and kinda sad at the same time,she did another (unreleased and not on any album)
    song like this a few years later in 1999 called mosh be'eedi which i think means not in my country

Thank you sousou so much!!! I like your translation!

5. fishcakes said:

and you from the BAA5THIS IS ANOTHER AREA IN Lebanon) talk to us/
    Where is Baathis in Lebanon? is this a village/town or region?

sousou said:

Smile you're welcome

you're welcome my dear
    it is true that I am Tunisian and not Lebanese BUT I really like this country. you know lebanese call their country 'a piece from heaven'. I made a mistake my dear because the region is in fact called AL BIQA.
    HERE IS A LINK TO A MAP YOU CAN VISUALISE IT:
    http://images.google.fr/imgres?imgur...gif&imgrefurl=
    http://www.theodora.com/maps/lebanon...15/preview.jpg
    but still I think that the most eminent artist whose songs about Lebanon really get straight to the heart is Fairuz

7. fishcakes said:

you're welcome my dear
    it is true that I am Tunisian and not Lebanese BUT I really like this country. you know lebanese call their country 'a piece from heaven'. I made a mistake my dear because the region is in fact called AL BIQA.
    HERE IS A LINK TO A MAP YOU CAN VISUALISE IT:
    http://images.google.fr/imgres?imgur...gif&imgrefurl=
    http://www.theodora.com/maps/lebanon...15/preview.jpg
    but still I think that the most eminent artist whose songs about Lebanon really get straight to the heart is Fairuz
    Thank you I love Lebanon too its such a fascinating country with intresting history good and bad,
    I love tunisia its seems like such a beautiful country i also went on holiday there when i was younger but the had to cancel, very sad we were going to go to sfax.
    I think i know the beqaa valley that is where Wael kfoury, wadih el safi,Najwa Karam, Elissa,Assi Helani and Yara are from apparently its were they make wine and arak.
    Fairuz is differently the soul of Lebanese music she is a nostalgic figure of a country that once was before the war, i think that aswell as her beautiful voice is why she is very special to most lebanese

sousou said:

you're welcome once again my dear.
    and you are welcome to visit Tunisia once again whenever you like. but just I still have one question where are you from?

9. fishcakes said:

you're welcome once again my dear.
    and you are welcome to visit Tunisia once again whenever you like. but just I still have one question where are you from?
    i'm part latin american part european i live in the uk since i was a todler

sousou said:

I am very happy to meet you anyway.