Has anyone heard of this song?

Thread: Has anyone heard of this song?

Tags: None
  1. ana_marija said:

Default Has anyone heard of this song?

I'm not even sure it's a Serbian song, have no idea what it's called, the only lyrics I remember are something like

"aj gi gi gi gi gi gi"

"aman ama (aman ama) aman ama (aman ama) " - the following line of lyrics is repeated in this way, but i can't remember the words.

.... yeah! I couldn't make out any other words (i'm just beginning to learn Serbian, if it was even a Serbian song i'm not even sure). I'm sure you guys have no idea what song i'm talking about, but any help would be appreciated.

Spring said:

hm... yes, I have no idea! lol But with some googling, this song came up:
    Sako Polumenta - Aman Aman

There is no gi gi gi in it but maybe it can help at least to determine whether you are looking for that kind of song (Serbian folk) or maybe it's a pop song etc...

3. ana_marija said:

I'm pretty sure it was a folk song, it was about the same type of rhythm of Sako's Aman Aman (btw, thanks for this suggestion, i've never heard this song before, I like it). Thanks for the help anyway! I've tried googling so many times, and i've come up with nothing yet

I remembered another line, It went either opa si, opa si, opa si, opa something -ara. Or was it ropa. Uhh, I will keep trying to remember!

Spring said:

You never said whether it's female or male singer?

5. ana_marija said:

i'm not sure. I haven't heard the original recording, I heard it live played by some random band at a wedding. I would imagine it would be by a male singer though

LadyArwen said:

Maybe this?

7. ana_marija said:

no, that's not it. But thanks for trying!

LadyArwen said:

?

9. ana_marija said:

nope! thanks anyway.

Paulien said:

Maybe this one?

Nije ljubav sve sto vidis.. zato pazi kome zavidis!

11. ana_marija said:

no, i'm sorry, that's not it either.