Off-topic discussions in English related to Romania, Romanian language and culture...

Thread: Off-topic discussions in English related to Romania, Romanian language and culture...

Tags: None
  1. Crisa said:

Quote Originally Posted by NNA for life View Post
    Lets be honest Romania is the country of all possibilities
    Pregnant at 13 years old.
    Alcoholic coma at 13 years old.
    Prostitution at 14 years old.
    Sex between father and daughter.
    The man have more "wifes" than a muslim "more than 4".

Just few of the news which i heard on TV.
    And some of them seeing whit my owns eyes
    It's true and sad in the same time .....At least you're not living here anymore ( Form you're profile you're in Lebanon) .
    But let's not generalize ... there are great kids too.

NNA for life said:

oooooo is not soo.In lebanon is just my heart,the body is here in Romania
    ------>Kaal ho na ho<------
    ------>Lebnan ya 2it3it sama<------
    ------>La 2ilaha 2illa allah<------

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Lets be honest Romania is the country of all possibilities
    Pregnant at 13 years old.
    Alcoholic coma at 13 years old.
    Prostitution at 14 years old.
    Sex between father and daughter.
    The man have more "wifes" than a muslim "more than 4".

Just few of the news which i heard on TV.
    And some of them seeing whit my owns eyes
    Scotland's youngest mother was pregnant aged 12.
    I've never heard anything about an alcoholic coma.
    Not heard any prostitution stories although there are probably young girls selling themselves in one way or another.
    The 4th one sounds kinda like a Fritzl thing...
    Couldn't name any paticular cases but I've heard of many wifes in other countries. Just never had Romania down as one of them.

I think a good reality TV show would be a country swap. Scotland for Romania. - Anyone interested? LOL

NNA for life said:

Hehe believe here is really bad ,even if there are ppl which says "its not that bad" i am 18 years old and believe me its really bad for the ones which aren't used whit this
    STAY AWAY FROM ROMANIA IF YOU WANT TO GO IN HEAVEN!!!

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

STAY AWAY FROM ROMANIA IF YOU WANT TO GO IN HEAVEN!!!
    I'm atheist so that won't be a problem for me

dragonfly93 said:

Lolol ^_^, Stevo, I take it you'll go anyways

As for me, don't worry, I'm not moving there!!! I just would like to visit sometime, maybe see some castles and practice my Romanian... And that's about it

In response to NNA...

What, and there isn't prostitution in the rest of the world? Even in a "developed" country like the US, there's this problem!!! And incest here, too up in the mountains where the crazy people are
    Drinking, alcohol, and drugs happen here too... Even at an illegal early age, I've seen it (not me, though!) and it's just not publicized.
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

NNA for life said:

Looool in the mountains =))
    Maybe you don't know nightlife in city,or maybe you don't know about high schools
    I don't say its happen in a big scale,but is happen man

dragonfly93 said:

No, I know because I'm IN high school, and I see some things that the teachers don't, and are best left unseen

NNA for life said:

The "true" from high schools will be seen just on YOUTUBE

dragonfly93 said:

Lol, and sometimes not even there ...

BTW I think there's an embarrassing video from my school on YouTube. Oh, and reeeeeallyyyy disturbing pictures of someone doing something bad in the bathroom there too, on Facebook .__.

So yeah, I know what goes on!!!

NNA for life said:

Lets thank GOD cause the romanian teachers don use YOUTUBE and the use other ...TUBE )))))

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

I don't fully know what you mean by that NNA, but I kind of have an idea what you're implying. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly93 View Post
    Lolol ^_^, Stevo, I take it you'll go anyways

As for me, don't worry, I'm not moving there!!! I just would like to visit sometime, maybe see some castles and practice my Romanian... And that's about it

In response to NNA...

What, and there isn't prostitution in the rest of the world? Even in a "developed" country like the US, there's this problem!!! And incest here, too up in the mountains where the crazy people are
    Drinking, alcohol, and drugs happen here too... Even at an illegal early age, I've seen it (not me, though!) and it's just not publicized.
    I'd like to visit. Recently me and my friend have been talking about holiday destinations and he knows how obssessed I am with Romania. He suggested București but then I told him how everywhere I see online, all the natives seem to say a lot of the country isn't very picturesque apart from Transylvania, Moldavia and I think Cluj was perhaps mentioned as well.

Incest up in the mountains where the crazy people are? - Surely the hillbilly stereotype isn't all that real... is it?...

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Lol, and sometimes not even there ...

BTW I think there's an embarrassing video from my school on YouTube. Oh, and reeeeeallyyyy disturbing pictures of someone doing something bad in the bathroom there too, on Facebook .__.

So yeah, I know what goes on!!!
    You get that in every high school though.

In college I went to the toilet and found 4 guys rolling a joint. I came out and found a few of them outside, keeping a lookout.
    I went downstairs to the shop and then by the time I came back up, they were all standing outside the toilets being searched by 2 police officers. - LOL moment

dragonfly93 said:

Right, LOL that was funny

NNA, teachers here aren't allowed to use YouTube. I meant that the students post things on YouTube from videos taken at school on their phones LOL

NNA for life said:

Hehe

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

NNA, teachers here aren't allowed to use YouTube.
    Only in school, right?

dragonfly93 said:

Yep LOL

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

I was starting to get worried there. I was waiting for you to tell me about some crazy rule/law where teachers can't access Youtube incase they find incriminating videos of their school/pupils there. LOL

At one point, my college's internet censorship was so bad that it probably rivaled communist China.
    You can access social networking sites now although you still get pages being banned when they are work related.

19. Un_Angel_Caido said:

Well I guess I'm not going to Heaven since I'll be going to Romania in about 4 weeks lol and this will be my second time there LOL. But then again I'm just staying for about 9 days. So guess it gives me time to be allowed in heaven lol. Romania has a lot of nice picturesc places. I would recomend anyone to visit especially if you like vampire related stuff. A couple of highlights on my first trip, climbign about 1500 steps to top of Poeneri Castle, which this is Vlad's real castle not Bran as many assume as I have been told and read. Also had a chance to eat at the house where Vlad was born. Stayed at Dracula hotel in Piatra Fintinele. Romania has so much to offer not just what you might see/read online as negative. O and did I mention romania has some of the most beautiful girls? lol

pe curand

Un Inger Cazut

Quote Originally Posted by smfc_stevo_smfc View Post
    I was starting to get worried there. I was waiting for you to tell me about some crazy rule/law where teachers can't access Youtube incase they find incriminating videos of their school/pupils there. LOL

At one point, my college's internet censorship was so bad that it probably rivaled communist China.
    You can access social networking sites now although you still get pages being banned when they are work related.

NNA for life said:

You are right Romania have much to show ,have a great potential touristic
    BUT the romanian people make a bad publicity for this country,like i did or like is doing more than half of the population of this country.We are showing just the bad parts of this country because we were teach so :P

I am in a touristic collage and if Romania will stop the bad publicity will start to make a lot of money from tourism