Romanian Music / Muzica Românească

Thread: Romanian Music / Muzica Românească

Tags: None
  1. Crisa said:

Quote Originally Posted by smfc_stevo_smfc View Post
    Does anyone know whether it is hard or not to find the album DJ Project - Povestea Mea in shops in Romania at the moment and how much is it valued at approximately?
    I've looked for the album on 2 big online shops (www.dol.ro & www.discomania.ro) but I haven't found it. So I guess it's hard to find it in the "normal" music stores , it's an album from 2006 and maybe that's the problem.
    I did find the album to download but you have to send an sms for every song
    (http://www.musicmall.ro/artisti/dj_p...e/povestea_mea).

And the price of an cd is around 22 lei.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Most of the CDs on those online shops were 29-39 lei.
    I assume they only deliver to Romania?

Mulțumesc pentru ajutor, Crisa. (does that actually make sense in Romanian or does it need a few adjustments?)

dragonfly93 said:

Can you just find it online on eBay or something? Amazon?
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Yeah. Sometimes it is hard though. I've got one regular seller on Ebay but they only sell whatever they have.
    While this new person I've found does do requests but this paticular DJ Project CD I've found is expensive from them. That's why I asked on here to see if it was a reasonable price or not. ($29.99 by the way (£19.53/91,05RON))

They are selling Inna - Hot for 25,89RON (£5.54/$8.52) on one site http://www.dol.ro/webapp/wcs/stores/...--11918-139368 while one of the Ebay sellers is selling it for $19.99 (£13.02/60,69RON)
    Is it just me or is that a big profit?

dragonfly93 said:

Hmmm... Maybe. But people need money in today's economy. I just download mp3 free and then burn onto a CD!

mike123 said:

Mulțumesc pentru ajutor, Crisa. (does that actually make sense in Romanian or does it need a few adjustments?)
    it makes sense, but to me! :P It might be perfect, but i'm not 100% sure. I think what you said is "thank you for (the) help" but help here is the object which doesn't make sense. this statement requires the dative bc "the help" is the item in which you've recieved. ....I think... :-S

i think its better to say:

îţi mulţumesc pentru ajutorul dat. (thank you for the help you gave.) or even just îţi mulţumesc.
    De multe ori tăcerea e mai bună decât răspunsul.

7. Crisa said:

It depends on the cds I guess cuz I saw on those sites cds having the price 22,99 lei. And yes they only deliver in Romania. Btw did you search on cduniverse.com (or something like that ) maybe you'll find it there

60,69 ron for an Inna cd ????? that's the price of an Bob Marley cd here in Romania.
    Still don't get why this girl and her music is so famous

Mulțumesc pentru ajutor, Crisa - it does make sense.

@Mike : Mulțumesc pentru ajutor (thanks for the help) it's correct and it's more informal than îţi mulţumesc pentru ajutorul dat. (thank you for the help you gave.) and of course you can only say Mulțumesc .

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Thanks for that cduniverse.com site. They have the Inna CD but that's all. And just for standard shipping it costs $6.99 (£4.53/21.27RON).:O

I don't know why Inna is so famous. I like her songs and they sound catchy. She has a good voice.
    I first heard "Hot" on a dance music channel over here. Then I came across this music in the background while watching some Neatza cu Razvan și Dani on Youtube. Only when I searched high and low for the song, I found out the artist was Inna and that she was coincidentialy Romanian.
    She isn't big at all over here. Like only a few days ago her single for "Hot" was released. Her album has yet to be released on CD here but I think you can download it on iTunes.
    If you were to ask anyone here if they've heard of Inna, the majority would say no.

I felt like adding the "ajutor" because I want to start using more Romanian vocabulary on a daily basis. The most I say usually is "mulțumesc".

mike123 said:

I felt like adding the "ajutor" because I want to start using more Romanian vocabulary on a daily basis. The most I say usually is "mulțumesc".
    Good Stevo, you are doing the right thing!!

Sorry Stevo, my friend never got back to me about the CD's we spoke about so I assumed she didn't find them or didn't have the time to look.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

It's fine Mike. I've got a potential seller on Ebay so I could be in luck.

dragonfly93 said:

Inna... No one in the US hears much, if any, about her. But I like her songs... I have heard so far I Wanted You, Nobody, and something else, the title escapes me. She has a good voice and puts it to even better use!

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Hot and Amazing are 2 good songs by Inna.

13. Toraki said:

Quote Originally Posted by Crisa View Post
    Hi!

The song you're looking for is Loredana-Made in Romanie

Btw he did a nice sound sampling Loredana's song. I believe that he know what the song is about , cuz I can't understand his lyrics
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Ehm I don't really know because I can't understand anything about Loredana's lyrics...
    But Rayden's one is just a tribute to all Romanian girls... He says in a funny way (he doesn't want to put romanians out) that all the girls who came from Romania are the most beautiful and sexiest one... he's crazy about them! xD

14. Crisa said:

@ Toraki don't mention it. Loredana's song is about being Romanian and proud about it , especially if you're working in Europe.

Nice gesture from Rayden You know many foreign men that come in our country say that Romanian girls are very beautiful (and they are ). Nice to see that someone especially from Italy sees the beauty part of Romanians

mike123 said:

@ Toraki don't mention it. Loredana's song is about being Romanian and proud about it , especially if you're working in Europe.

Nice gesture from Rayden You know many foreign men that come in our country say that Romanian girls are very beautiful (and they are ). Nice to see that someone especially from Italy sees the beauty part of Romanians
    ....si cineva (eu) din SUA. :P Romance ele sunt cele mai frumoase!! fffff frumoase.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

si cineva (eu) din Scoția!

17. Toraki said:

Smile

I know... i think that like everywhere there are, at the same time, pretty and normal girls... But I don't really know why... All the Romanians I've ever seen are ****ing beautiful xD
    I'm just a little bit jelaous of all this beauty ahahahahahahahahahah (I'm just joking, but it's true... Romanians girls are more beautiful than Italians one... )
    Now I'd like to know more about romanian music... I'll read all this topic... I like it vry much... And... I've ever thought that your language was simple to Italians... Because everybody says that your language comes from latin like italian, french, spanish etc... But... I can't understand ANYTHING by reading lyrics or just some of your comment... I'm totally surprised!

18. Toraki said:

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly93 View Post
    Benvenuto, Toraki! Parli italiano? I listened to your link, sorry to say I don't recognize the song Maybe ask Crisa or Kmmy? They may know, so wait until they check this thread
    Yes I'm italian so I speak just italian (i've studied other languages but I obviously speak properly just italian and french!)

mike123 said:

Toraki, I was born in Italy, near Naples. I left when i was only 6 months old though .

Where in Italy are you from if you don't mind me asking.

dragonfly93 said:

Oh, I have gone to Italy Crossed from France through Monaco to San Remo I would like to go again, for a more extensive tour (that is, longer than a day)!

Toraki: Et tu parles français? Ma famille est en France

As for the Romanian... Romanian, I must say, is even closer to Latin roots than Italian, in the grammatical sense. It's the only surviving Romance language that still uses cases in verbs and pronoun agreement according to those cases. You may not understand too much because of the Russian and Turkish influences, though It was a bit hard for me when I got started...But my Turkish friend is learning Russian, so we do "language comparison" occasionally