Romanian Music / Muzica Românească

Thread: Romanian Music / Muzica Românească

Tags: None

dragonfly93 said:

Cool Romanian Music / Muzica Românească

Bună tuturor!

This should be a thread for those who wish to discuss their favourite songs, artists, videos, and other topics related to music. Both native speakers and learners of Romanian are welcome
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

mike123 said:

Nice topic idea.

I like Negura Bunget. Also I like phoenix and older stuff like Seicaru and Burtzi.

I like most of what I've heard by Florin Chilian, Hrusca, Hara. I only like 1 or 2 Luna Amara songs. I love Vita De Vie's song Lasat Pustiu. I'm not a fan of manele but there are a few songs I admit to liking.

Not that this is romanian, but I've had it on my mind for a few months now... Has anyone every heard the song called "Strange Form of Life" by Bonnie Prince Billy? I'm curious if anyone else likes it.
    De multe ori tăcerea e mai bună decât răspunsul.

dragonfly93 said:

Cool

Here is a list of most of the Romanian artists I listen to:

O-Zone
    Arsenium / Arsenie
    RadU / Radu Sîrbu
    MR. & MS. (Radu & Ana Sîrbu)
    Dan Bălan / Crazy Loop / Balan
    Akcent
    Andreea Bălan
    Andra
    Anka
    Alina (Puscau)
    (DJ) Mahay (& Cezarmonic)
    Lavinia
    Hi-Q
    Elena
    Mihai Trăistariu
    Marcel Pavel
    Voltaj
    3SE / Trei Sud Est / 3rei Sud Est / 3 Sud Est / 3 South East

You can find them all on YouTube; I have a lot of their songs marked as "Favorite" on my account. If you want to find them from there, my username is valbonne93.

There are a few others who I have one or two songs by who I didn't list.

kmmy said:

hey guys how u doing? 1st of all i wanna tell you that i'm happy that you guys like to listen to romanian music. but i must admit this days is kinda hard finding good stuff due to the fact that our artists decided to adopt the same style, clubbing, so now all the songs sound the same only the name differs lol and as if this wouldn't be enough, they only sing in english ( nothing wrong with that, but some romanian lyrics would be nice from time to time )

ok enough with complainings here you have some good songs from artists that decided to remain a bit different than the rest

Laurentiu Duta - Impreuna

Alex - Mi-e dor de tine

Alex ft Connect-R - Dragoste la prima vedere part 1

Alex ft Connect-R - Daca dragostea dispare ( Dragoste la prima vedere part 2)

Alex - Doar ea

Smiley ft Cheloo - Plec pe Marte

Smiley ft Uzzi - In lipsa mea

Anda Adam - Sufletul meu (clubbing but at least is in ro )

Anda Adam - Ajutor (kinda old but nice)

a song a bit different than the ones that Inna usualy sings: Inna - Oare

Guess Who - Locul potrivit

dragonfly93 said:

Hey, for those of you who like techno or club songs, Radu Sîrbu has just released a new song sung by DJ Layla and Dee-Dee, called "Planet Mars". I will paste the video link here when I can!

Here it is, guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCB9dd5CUQQ
    Last edited by dragonfly93; 02-15-2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Posting a link

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

I already have Laurentiu Duta - Impreuna on my iPod.D
    I like 2 songs by Inna: Amazing and Hot.

In reply to what you were saying Kmmy, I remember seeing a video on Youtube about foreign English language learners, one of them was Romanian and was saying how all the artists sing in English.

I like how Elena Gheorghe is a Romanian language artist but still makes one or two songs in English in each album. English is the most popular 2nd language in the world (I think). Top 10s in world airplay charts are filled with songs sung in English. To attract foreign fans, I think artists of languages other than English have to sing some songs in English because it's such a popular language around the world.

As much as I love it that English is spoken worldwide and so many foreign artists sing in English, the one thing I don't like about English being so popular is that in my country people don't appreciate foreign language music.
    If your friends were to ask you what you were listening to on your iPod and you named an English speaking artist, they wouldn't flinch. When my friends ask what I'm listening to and I tell them I'm listening to music sung in another language, they give me funny looks.

dragonfly93 said:

Yes, English is most definitely the most popular 2nd language!

My friends also think I'm weird...I have maybe 17+ languages on my iPod! Hehehe... I understand maybe half...or less I guess I like variety!

mike123 said:

A friend has played some really nice greek music for me. I don't remember the names though.

I usually stick to romanian music. i hate when romanians sing in english. I have a bunch of phoenix songs in english and i usually skip past them.

dragonfly93 said:

Same! I prefer foreign music, much to the annoyance of those around me... until I send them Romanian music. Then they blame me for their addiction

I listen to a few Romanian English songs... I think just songs by Akcent and the songs Rumadai (Arsenium), Minimum (Arsenium), Johanna(Shut Up!) (Crazy Loop / Dan Bălan), and Crazy Loop (Mm Ma Ma) (Crazy Loop / Dan Bălan). Maybe a few others, but not regularly.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Mike, what is it that is not so appealing about Romanians singing in English?

mike123 said:

Quote Originally Posted by smfc_stevo_smfc View Post
    Mike, what is it that is not so appealing about Romanians singing in English?
    It's not so much Romanians singing in english as much as it is "why would they" since they can sing in Romanian perfectly fine. It's just a personal preference of mine. I prefer not to hear english.

countingstars said:

@Mike: lately, artists from Romania seek international recognition, and that can be obtained much easier if they sing in English, so almost everyone can understand them. I believe that's the reason why they do it

dragonfly93 said:

True, although I personally like hearing the singers' native languages. Not that there's anything wrong with English!

dragonfly93 said:

By the way... If you want to hear some nice Romanian music, check out www.ten28.com for free downloads. They do have some full albums; however, be warned that the album De Dragul Tău by Marcel Pavel is NOT a full album--most of the songs on the album are cut off.

Enjoy--there are both English and Romanian songs.
    Last edited by dragonfly93; 02-18-2010 at 11:47 AM.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Quote Originally Posted by countingstars View Post
    @Mike: lately, artists from Romania seek international recognition, and that can be obtained much easier if they sing in English, so almost everyone can understand them. I believe that's the reason why they do it
    Yeah. That's the best and easiest way as the majority of chart topping music (in every country) is sung in English.
    I still think many people from English speaking countries can be arrogant and demand songs be in English and don't appreciate them in other languages.

While watching Eurovision my mum said, "I don't really like this song. It'd be better if it was in English." - It's Eurovision! There's bound to be songs in other European languages! That's the whole idea of it! Duh!

*edit* While in countries like Romania, they clearly love songs in English with Lady Gaga, Beyonce etc. topping the charts.
    Last edited by smfc_stevo_smfc; 02-17-2010 at 12:54 PM.

mike123 said:

Quote Originally Posted by countingstars View Post
    Yes, This I understand perfectly.

dragonfly93 said:

BUNĂ SEARĂ tuturor, here is the link to the extended version of Planet Mars:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bsjpvmXbCE

Sper că vă place!
    Last edited by dragonfly93; 04-21-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Grammar correction

mike123 said:

If you don't mind a correction. "a placea" is used with a dative pronoun. so to correct you I believe it should be "Sper că-ţi vă placea"

Man those girls in your link are beautiful! I couldn't believe how many beautiful women were in Romania. I say without a doubt that they were better than in NYC which I never thought was possible!!

dragonfly93 said:

Thank you Mike, I have made a correction and will make any further changes if needed

On the subject of Romanian girls...If you've heard of Alina Puscau, she is a Romanian model now for Victoria's Secret. She was born in complete poverty with scarce food in a poor part of Romania, but won for "most beautiful woman" at age 16 in the country, I believe. She did a remake of the English version of Dragostea Din Tei by O-Zone with Basshunter.

The boyfriend of my Romanian friend used to live on the same apartment floor as Dan Bălan in București...!!!! I would have liked to see him... but he was probably out touring a lot.
    Last edited by dragonfly93; 02-17-2010 at 08:00 PM.

mike123 said:

I've seen her now!

really? wow. How long ago did they live on the same floor.