Cuore Matto..

Thread: Cuore Matto..

Tags: None

mb58 said:

Default Cuore Matto..

Tried to remember who sang this song...Even male or female...? I found 3 names:Little Tony,Dalida and Rita Pavone..But unfortunately could not find lyrics of this song...Please, help me with lyrics and please, with English translation..Thank You in advance....mb58

Ligeia said:

Well, judging from the singers it must be a very old song...I've found these lyrics, hope they're the right ones...

CUORE MATTO/ MAD HEART

Il cuore matto che ti segue ancora / the mad heart that still follows you
    e giorno e notte pensa solo a te / and thinks only of you night and day
    e non riesco a fargli mai capire / and I can't make it understand
    che tu vuoi bene a un altro e non a me. / that you love another man and not me
    Il cuore matto, matto da legare/ the mad heart, mad as a hatter
    che crede ancora che tu pensi a me / that still believes that you think about me
    non è convinto che sei andata via /it's not convinced that you're gone
    che mi hai lasciato e non ritornerai! / that you've left me and you won't come back
    Dimmi la verità, la verità / tell me the truth, the truth
    e forse capirà, capirà / and maybe it will understand, will understand
    perché‚ la verità tu non l' hai detta mai. / because you've never told the truth
    Il cuore matto che ti vuole bene / the mad heart that loves you
    e ti perdona tutto quel che fai / and forgives you everything
    ma prima o poi lo sai che guarirà / but sooner or later you know that it will heal
    lo perderai, così lo perderai. / you'll lose it, so you'll lose it
    Dimmi la verità, la verità / tell me the truth
    e forse capirà, capirà / and maybe it will understand
    perché‚ la verità tu non l' hai detta mai. / because you've never told the truth
    Il cuore matto che ti vuole bene... / the mad heart that loves you
    Il cuore matto, matto da legare...! / the mad heart , mad as a hatter
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

mb58 said:

Thank You,Ligeia..It is really old song..This song is like a gemstone for me..I have few more to search digging in layers of my memory..And once again--thank You...mb58
    PS:My favourite version of "O Bella Ciao"is performed by Modena,s Ramblers..Could you imagine our quiet neighbourhood trembling from sounds of hudge inherited guitar..?But you CAN NOT sing this song in different way..
    Thank You, Ligeia...Thank You, Italy..

Ligeia said:

You're welcome!
    p.s. I love Modena City Ramblers, above all their songs in Modenese dialect! Well, if you like "o bella ciao" you'll surely like their version of "Fischia il vento" too...
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

mb58 said:

In fact it was Russian poppular song during WW2...Katiusha...Russian name of a girl..And a rocket launcher--military equipment..I think this is time to visit Russian section here..
    Thank You again, Ligeia....Thank You, Modena Ramblers...Thank You, Italia..
    mb58

6. mygoodomen said:

Thank you very much for your translation. This is the first song that made me meet the music.