Transcribe lyrics of a song

Thread: Transcribe lyrics of a song

Tags: None

7thSonata said:

Default Transcribe lyrics of a song

Sorry if this sounds silly, but what does it mean if an assignment says "Transcribe a specific excerpt of publicly available speech (for example, a commercial, the lyrics of a song, a political address or debate, a monologue from a radio talk show). Then analyze it... etc"? I'm doing song lyrics. Does it just mean simply "analyze the song's lyrics", or do I have to do something with the lyrics first? If it's a publicly available song then wouldn't the lyrics be readily available already?
    English is not my first language so please help. ^^
    Thanks.

Inaissa said:

Smile Answer

Let's say you see song-lyrics, which are written somewhere where all can see it, then you can analyze same, as long as your analysis is not made public. That is to say, for your own purpose and satisfaction, you may do so.
    That protects you from copyright problems, or if someone does not like your analysis, they may even sue you.
    I hope this will answer your query

Ina

7thSonata said:

Ok so in all it means I don't have to do anything like summarize/transliterate song lyrics first right? Just write analysis paper based on the official lyrics?

Inaissa said:

It is very hard to give a good answer not knowing the exact job you're doing and what are the requirements.

Yes, you understand right but any analysis needs a summarization , so to justify your points of the analysis.
    If you want further explanation you can write me on PM.

Ina