Been Searching For Years For This Song

Thread: Been Searching For Years For This Song

Tags: None
  1. FlickReachForTheSky said:

Talking Been Searching For Years For This Song

Hey There

I need help finding this song, i know a few lyrics and a little about it, ive searched far and wide and go knowhere with it, i have had all the members of my family racking there brains our to try and remember it but it just hasnt worked :/
    okay.
    ........The song was used as and entry for the eurovision song context, but never won it, i dont know if it was an english song, i just know it was sung in english, and when i first heard it, it was on terry wogans bbc2 morning show during the week long before he retired.........

the lyrics i remember were as follows..

At The Start of the song she sang..
    " I dont wanna be a *****, but lately ive been very snappy,
    somethings going wrong with me and you..."
    and thats all i remember from that part...

then somewhere in the song she mentions "the next your like Mr Hide" and/or "Sand out Sam"
    or something like that...

Then in the chorus somewhere she sing.
    "cos your my angel my..."something" then she goes on to
    ."Something inside of me ... I am crazy for you, crazy for you
    and you are simply crazy..."

she sings something like this in it too
    "so Ill try to stick around.." and "Like its the Flu..."

its not much but i hope someone knows it lol!!

Its a female singer,
    theres a guitar playing in it...
    its sort of slow ish..
    I dont want this to be just a random memory... i must find it :')
    Last edited by FlickReachForTheSky; 03-26-2010 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Added Help

2. FlickReachForTheSky said:

and yes theres a swear word... *b....i...t....c...h..* but its part of the song..

3. FlickReachForTheSky said:

Question

Please Help Someone lol. its driving me mad hah x
    pleeease someone lol.... i keep singing its tune in my head grrr its driving me madd!!!
    Last edited by FlickReachForTheSky; 03-23-2010 at 07:20 AM.

4. FlickReachForTheSky said:

still no luck finding it? anyone? x
    I am a living breathing song book. I can tell you the name of a song and you sings it by listening to the first few seconds..

5. FlickReachForTheSky said:

Ive looked on a few eurovision song websites and its on none of them... so i dunno now.. maybe it was a random tune on the radio. but surely someone knows it. ive heard so much about this forum and it being great help to people, surely someone can help me.
    I got a message from someone saying try a certain website and that websote didnt have it either even though i had to sing it into a mic for them :/
    please help me.
    I am a living breathing song book. I can tell you the name of a song and you sings it by listening to the first few seconds..

6. Th3Diplomat said:

try>
    Madonna - crazy for You

7. FlickReachForTheSky said:

Nopes :/...

Sorry but thanks :/

8. Mike Dennis said:

hi there,

could you let us (me and everybody on here), know when you heard it (-- before what year). ; and Terry Wogans radio show on BBC2 was around what period (year), so to exlude recent years. (I'm not English so not familiar with BBC radio, but followed the man through his excellent television work)

Have also problems with the first line -- strange use of language for an international music show as the Eurovison Song Contest.

And yes, it doesn't have to be an English song -- although most Eurovision Song Contest participants used to sing in their own language (old rules), afterwards they released their songs in English in most European countries.
    Some of those releases must have ended on the desk of the famous Terry Wogan, and got his approval.

As the Eurovision Song Contest goes way back to the mid fifties (1956), and from the 1980s on till recently, Terry Wogan added his typical voice/humor as a commentator, it's a large field to search in.

!! extra : all lyrics to all songs from the happening throughout the years, have fun !!
    http://www.diggiloo.net/

Mike Dennis.
    Last edited by Mike Dennis; 03-26-2010 at 09:07 AM.

9. FlickReachForTheSky said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dennis View Post
    hi there,

could you let us (me and everybody on here), know when you heard it (-- before what year). ; and Terry Wogans radio show on BBC2 was around what period (year), so to exlude recent years. (I'm not English so not familiar with BBC radio, but followed the man through his excellent television work)

Have also problems with the first line -- strange use of language for an international music show as the Eurovison Song Contest.

And yes, it doesn't have to be an English song -- although most Eurovision Song Contest participants used to sing in their own language (old rules), afterwards they released their songs in English in most European countries.
    Some of those releases must have ended on the desk of the famous Terry Wogan, and got his approval.

As the Eurovision Song Contest goes way back to the mid fifties (1956), and from the 1980s on till recently, Terry Wogan added his typical voice/humor as a commentator, it's a large field to search in.

!! extra : all lyrics to all songs from the happening throughout the years, have fun !!
    http://www.diggiloo.net/

Mike Dennis.
    Okay to help you..

Yeah it does swear right at the beginning, i dont know why but it suits the song, and as for the year it can range from around 1996 - 2005... that sort of era..

10. FlickReachForTheSky said:

Someone muxt know it xxx

11. Th3Diplomat said:

12. FlickReachForTheSky said:

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Diplomat View Post
    Hey thanks, but its none of those :/ x

13. Mike Dennis said:

hi there,

may be on to something !!

found a CD by P.J. Powers, called "Talk to me" (released in 2001)
    http://www.rock.co.za/files/pj_talk_to_me.html

(on there, there's a "ghost track", called "Crazy", and if you scroll down to the review -- there's talk of the "famous" opening line -- see 3rd paragraph)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PJ_Powers

still found no direct link to the Eurovision Song Contest

Mike Dennis.

14. FlickReachForTheSky said:

is there any chance u can get a sample up for me? x

15. FlickReachForTheSky said:

Talking

hi there,

may be on to something !!

found a CD by P.J. Powers, called "Talk to me" (released in 2001)
    http://www.rock.co.za/files/pj_talk_to_me.html

(on there, there's a "ghost track", called "Crazy", and if you scroll down to the review -- there's talk of the "famous" opening line -- see 3rd paragraph)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PJ_Powers

still found no direct link to the Eurovision Song Contest

Mike Dennis.
    hi there, you may well be onto somethin there, but i cant find a sample to the song anywhere, ive searched all over, and i dont want to but a copy of the CD just incase it isnt the right song. any chance you can find a sample? not to worry if not, i will keep searching anyway or maybe there is another song if it isnt the right one xx

16. Mike Dennis said:

hi there,

found another "short review", which mentions an extra line :
    http://www.sarockdigest.com/archives/issue_149.txt
    (scroll down to"3 .Lets' rock - new Releases -- it's the 4th review "PJ Powers - Talk to me"

Mike Dennis.

17. FlickReachForTheSky said:

hi there,

found another "short review", which mentions an extra line :
    http://www.sarockdigest.com/archives/issue_149.txt
    (scroll down to"3 .Lets' rock - new Releases -- it's the 4th review "PJ Powers - Talk to me"

Mike Dennis.
    hey, yeah this does seem to be a good lead... just need to hear it to confirm it is it tho. its proving a difficult one toe find lol. x

18. FlickReachForTheSky said:

Any Luck Anyone? x

19. FlickReachForTheSky said:

ANybody know this please help me its driving me mad and i cannot find a clip of it anywhere..