Industrial music with Patsy Cline songs - can't find it for 16 years!

Thread: Industrial music with Patsy Cline songs - can't find it for 16 years!

Tags: None
  1. sinoptik said:

Default Industrial music with Patsy Cline songs - can't find it for 16 years!

Please help me to find this strange band:

I had a tape in the 90-ies with some kind of dark industrial music on it. It was labeled as "Throbbing Gristle - D.O.A. The third and final report", but it wasn't Throbbing Gristle though it was somehow similar to TG in mood an sound.
    Music was spooky, noisy and mostly instrumental, but occasionally there was a beautiful female voice singing what i can now identify as songs of Patsy Cline, "Crazy" and "Walking After Midnight":

I go out walking, after midnight
    Out in the moonlight
    Just like we used to do
    I'm always walking, after midnight
    Searching for you

I'm crazy for trying
    And crazy for crying
    And I'm crazy for loving you

The same voice also sang some song with words like "elephant hunting... eternal hunting... poisoned arrows"

Either that was sampled voice of Patsy Cline, or some original singing. I think the songs were slower than original versions.

The other side of tape had Current 93 album, if it helps.

atmaestro said:

According to Wiki, the song "Crazy" has also been remixed by DJ Simple Simon and The Fabulous Wonder Twins.

The attached link will let you listen to 30-second samples of the album "D.O.A: The Third And Final Report Of Throbbing Gristle".

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/...ng+Gristle.htm
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title