I told her lies

Thread: I told her lies

Tags: None
  1. JG said:

Default I told her lies

I heard a song donkeys ago whilst with a bunch of friends and it made me and my friends laugh our heads off. It was about 12 years ago that i heard it, and for some reason i randomly remembered it the other day and really want to find a copy of it. I don't know the name of the song or the song title but Its a great country-type track; its a guy singing about his life and how he "told her lies". The chorus lyrics were:

I told her lies, i told her lies
    Big little long and tall every shape and size.....

The story goes through how he cheats on his girlfriend, makes mistakes, gets drunk etc etc, ends up getting married....it goes through all his life to the day he dies, and is getting buried and at his funeral. The preacher talks about how he was a "great guy" and the singer says, the preacher lied more than he ever did - in a comedy twist to the song.

I know this isn't a very good explanation and is completely random but if anyone knows what on earth i'm on about, or knows the song, title and band i would be eternally grateful!

Jim

Trimbaud said:

that was robbie fulks - song called "i told her lies" from his album 'south mouth'

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...0:h9ftxqyjldhe